Reassurance - Pt. 22

"Hey, you're awake." Trina exclaimed as Spencer opens his eyes confused. 

" What's going on?" He murmured. 

She grabbed his hands from the bed to hold it. " You're in the hospital, Spencer." 

"Wait, what?" 

" You were in an accident." 

" What kind of accident?" He was curious. 

Trina told him. " You were attacked. You don't remember?" 

" No. Nothing at all." Spencer replied.  

" Ava found you. You were lying on the ground." 

" Where?" 

Trina shrugged. " She didn't give me all the details. I'm glad you're okay though. Do you feel fine?" 

He said. " Yeah, I'm alright. Just a little sore." 

Trina swallowed. " I wish there were something I could do for you." 

" There is. Just you being here is enough."  Spencer responded.  

" Yeah, I know. But I wish I could do more. I hate seeing you like this." 

" At least I'm alive." 

" Yeah, but the thought of almost losing you or worse, losing you... I don't think I'll ever be able to handle that, Spencer" 

" Well, luckily you never have to. Because I'm always going to be here for you." 

Spencer starts to cough. He raises up on the bed.  He looks terrified and then he coughs again in his hand, and he sees blood.  

" Oh my gosh. Is that blood?"  Trina said, as she worriedly looked down at his hand.   

" Yes. Trina, what the hell is going on? Am I dying?" 

Trina is perplexed as she rushes out of the hospital room to go find a doctor.  

She yelled. " Someone help! It's an emergency!" Her voice echoed out the door.  

Spencer remained in the room as he said to himself.  

" Dear god, If I die... Please protect Trina, she's all that matters to me."