TRUST 1% - DOCUMENT

It's so quiet these days. You, as the doctor, should be circled with countless missions, as if they were a group of predators waiting to prey on you. But shockingly, all that was left for you to manage was some files. These petty little sheets of paper aren't enough to trigger your weak point, however, you can't say that they are simple jobs either. And you can't exclude Nian, who's always out there, somehow, to get the best of your procrastination.

And it happened. Just when you were in the process of your stupid procrastination, the door slammed open. It was thought to be Nian, but when you looked up, it was Surtr. Oh dear lord.

She walked to your desk. Although she didn't stomp at all, those footsteps are enough to destroy your eardrums. It's one of those moments where anxiety had already made its way into your lungs. What makes her so imitating?

She placed her hand on the surface of your desk.

Oh dear lord.

"It seems like we did not get a proper chance to introduce ourselves. You must be the Doctor they mentioned, am I correct?" You nodded.

"I am Surtr. From today on, I will be working here, at Rhodes Island. I hope you will not bore me too much."

"Nice to meet you, operator Surtr. This is Doctor Y/N." It wasn't easy to say such steady words, not with those vehement purple eyes gazing right into yours.

"Here. Doctor Kal'sit requested me to give you these documents as well. Don't question me regarding the content." She blandly commented, leaving for the door immediately.

You took the documents and watched her leave. As she was doing that, you softly spoke:
"Welcome to Rhodes Island, Operator Surtr." That took her by surprise. Although you did not get the chance to view her expression, for her back was faced towards you, her sudden pause made it obvious.

She turned around to watch you. Not essentially with a smile, not even a smirk, but you can already sense that the ambience around her has softened. She nodded in acknowledgement.

"Don't make me regret joining." The door closed.

You laid back in your office seat, reading the document slowly and carefully. Your mind wasn't focused, though. Now you are wondering, with Surtr's attitude, what sort of person would she turn out to be on the battlefield? You are yet to find out.

...

"The document that Kal'sit delivered to me clearly stated that there were reunion ambushes around this area."

You turned to Surtr. "Operator Surtr, are you aware of the reason behind the number of operators in this squad?
"You want to witness my capability, correct?"
"Yes. Elite medic operator Silence will assist you in case of an emergency-"
"I will not allow there to be."
"Then, operator Surtr, I would like to see your full capacity on the battlefield."
"Are you ordering me around now?"
"..."

"It's not an order. It's a request." Surtr turned to glimpse at you as she completed sharpening her blade.

"There they are. Operator Surtr, eliminate those pesky reunion soldiers."

"I'm on it!"