TRUST 40% - PREPARATION TO SIESTA

Two travelling suitcases.
...
Three now.
Is this sufficient for Siesta?

When you asked that question to Surtr, she remarked that it was more than enough. "Look, I only brought one suitcase. Just bring what's enough for two weeks," She nagged as she examined the contents of one of the luggage.

"Why are you bringing this pile of documents? Weren't you doing that last week?"

That's right. You weren't just working on it last week; you were meant to complete it. Your procrastination has finally caught up with you.

Surtr opened a big, thick, folder of documents. "Are these operator files? Why are you bringing these as well?" She flipped through the repeated names in the files.

Fang.
Kroos.
Midnight.
Orchid.
Orchid.
Melantha.
Plume.
Ansel.

Oh those... you scratched the back of your neck timidly. She continued to make a minor remark for every single object that you were planning to bring, and as hard as it was to admit, she was right. However, because of those remarks, it all went down to a single luggage. After a few hours, you thanked her with a bashful grin.

"Apart from that, I'd like to express my gratitude for your continued presence. If you think I'm wasting your time because you have more important things to do... Please don't hesitate to leave."

Surtr arched her eyebrows. Her cheeks had a faint, hardly perceptible pink tint to them. Because it appeared that neither of you had any prior experience engaging in this way, you begin to fear that you've presented yourself incorrectly. You clenched your luggage.

"Am I being strange? Aside from Nian, no other operators are willing to spend their time being casual with me. I'm thankful for that, they are working for me after all. However, some start to suspect that..."

Midway through, you gasped for air. What kind of rubbish are you peddling? It isn't even a casual connection. Nevertheless, you finished the sentence.

"...We're in a relationship."

After seconds of twisting her lips, struggling to form a sentence, Surtr concluded, "Let them believe what they want. I'm surprised that they didn't suspect a relationship between you and Nian instead."

"Pfft-"

"What are you laughing at?"

"I'm just quite taken back by what you said. No wonder you're a new operator. Nian? Impossible."

"...?"

"When she entered this landship, we both made it apparent that we weren't in a relationship.  It's been so long that the looks on the operators' faces when she entered are starting to become amusing. There's no romance whatsoever between us, it's almost impossible for me to imagine.

"Perhaps it's been a while since I've hung around with a female operator in such a carefree manner, without intentional business associated...The other operators must be curious."

You silently slapped yourself in the face inside your heart. How could you lie like that, the purpose of all those efforts, offering her ice cream, agreeing to help her situation... the intention in the first place was to get along, so she would willingly participate in battle. When you were on the brink of being casual with her, this, your underlying intention, was something you continually reminded yourself of.

Surtr nodded in agreement. It seems like she was beginning to adapt to your attitude. The thought of this covers you guilt and shamelessness. The aura soon became dominated by optimism.

Perhaps... Befriending her will benefit you with more than just power.