TRUST 31% - LIKES OF WOMEN

What you saw through the door was quite remarkable. You hadn't anticipated Surtr and Nian to be speaking at first, based on their differing attitudes. They appear to be debating something.

Surtr stood there with her arms crossed, frowning up at Nian, who returned the frown with an arrogant, smug expression.

"Ho? Didn't you hear what I said? I have some information for the Doctor that I'm confident is far more important than your little document."

You've decided that eavesdropping will do neither you nor Nian any good. You stepped into the office, undecided of what to say. Surtr disregarded Nian's offending statement and turned to you. "There you are, have you found anything of use?"

Nian sneered. "So you were the one who let this egotistical sarkaz in?"

"Yet you haven't been given permission to enter this office either," Surtr responded with a scoff.

"Only the doctor in this facility has the authority to dismiss-" When you intervened, Nian was about to become enraged.

"Please, both of you, put an end to your bickering. You're acting like a child. My assistant, Surtr, is Nian. She is welcome to wander and go from my office as she pleases. I was looking into a situation with Surtr, Nian. You should treat her as if she were a guest."

Nian swung her way to the door. "I'll depart since you said so. When the sarkaz leaves, call me back in." "You're staying," you said hastily as you grasped her arm. "I require your assistance."

...

"Tsk. You're saying that that dumpster occurred in this little squirt's head?"

"If you provide me more information about this place, Nian, I'll permit you to give Surtr these strange nicknames..." That was something you had to say. Seriously speaking, the agreement appears to be fair, but the underlying goal was to get rid of the uneasy atmosphere.

You were unsure whether Surtr took it seriously or not. With her personality, it seems like she would. "I don't care. Just give me the information I need." She quipped.

"Under two conditions. First, the doctor will dine with me tonight. Second, I will only tell the sarkaz. The doctor is not allowed to listen." Nian offered.

...

Why would she offer something like that? These women are strange to say the least. Surtr seems unbothered. For this reason, You still let Nian have her way in the end.

The next day, you approached Surtr, curious as to what she was up to. Despite Nian and Surtr's disagreements, yesterday had gone quite smoothly. Surtr was on the verge of solving the enigma behind those phrases thanks to Nian and your guidance. However, Surtr was nowhere to be found at the institution, which was surprising. Exhausted, you took the trip back to your office, where she who you had been seeking was awaiting your presence.

"I was wondering as to your whereabouts." You'd welcomed each other with the exact same words, at the exact same time, and with the exact same flinch.

"I'll be the first to talk. I wanted to express my gratitude for yesterday. I've uncovered it. That assistant of yours was helpful, but only because you requested her to." Surtr cocked her head to the side, a frantic pout on her face.

Oh.
Did the unapproachable, unfriendly, cold as ice, Surtr, just thank you?

When she eventually turned around, she was met with your priceless grin, which was mainly hidden behind amazement at her newfound thanks. "What's the matter? I'm not going to say it again." She snapped, and while it may appear hostile to her, you can tell she's just flustered.

"No, no." You soothed her sarcastically. "You're welcome, operator Surtr"