TRUST 45% - WHAT AM I TO YOU?

The only sense of agreement you felt from Surtr was when she slightly tilted her head in a nod, and it does not match up with the efforts you made for that.

You had struggled to make sense of Nian and your relationship to her. To the truth, Nian and you were buddies. Or homies, as in the type of relationship you would have with a bothersome sibling. Surtr seemed to finally understand that.

"Therefore, our bond is similar to that of siblings. She sees me as nothing more than a tool to cure her boredom." You tried once again to verify, in order to clear any unpleasant misunderstanding.

However, she came up with the response that you least expected. Ironically, it was just as expected of the unpredictable Surtr.

"I think of you as quite of the same way,"
She peered at you through one of her half-lidded eyes, "nothing but a cure to my boredom..."

Was it just you, or did she sound...

...reluctant?

Hah! Does that matter? You really are speechless with her. That was unnecessary. You thought as you broke the melancholic illusion with these pessimistic mindsets.

You stared vehemently at the suddenly interesting tiles of your office floor, not wanting to see a centimetre of those violet eyes with dilated feline-shaped pupils, that do nothing but multiply the tension. Perhaps you can say that you're terrified to face what will await you, knowing that she is unpredictable.

It was when you finally decided to took a peek at her, her expression astonished you once again. Half-seated on the office chair, leaning on the desk, she rested her head against her crossed elbows. One hand was fiddling with a glass marble, the other was tangled within strands of her hair, softly tugging them.

Between you and the marble, she continuously averted her eyes with an expression you had never seen before.

The small, barely noticeable pink tint on her cheeks appeared and disappeared, syncing with the rhythm of her averting eyes. It seemed like it was only to you that the sight was hard to miss, as any other stranger would disregard it.

She closed her lips, and opened them again without making a sound. Then, she continued to move her lips. You heard her whisper. She didn't whisper, though, as the sound was nothing but an illusion formed by your mind.

How about me? The illusion said. I already admitted what you are to me.

Your remaining logic told you that it was a lie. Were you really just a tool to cure her boredom?

What she did was mouth you a question in return of her previous statement. It was a question that you understood immediantely, though she had expected you to answer before she could even ask, but the doctor, sitting in front of her, idioticly packing unnecessary things into a luggage was not the same commanding doctor that had ordered her around during battle.

Surtr was not sure which doctor she preferred more. She glanced at the doctor in the present, with an amusingly perplexed but flustered complex.

At the same moment, you were looking at Surtr as well.

Your eyes met.
The illusion was correct.

So... She mouthed.

What am I to you?