TRUST 37% - LADY IN THE WORKSHOP

After she thanked you, you both stood there, quietly, and awkwardly, peering at each other. You could not make anything out of that expression of hers, therefore, gave up on the silent contest and turned your gaze away, possibly to those pitiful little flowers Nian had offered in as a decoration.

As you thought of what to say, those foolish words happened to slip out, "Quite a nice weather, isn't it.."

There wasn't even a window in your office, furthermore, the both of you had just heard the shrieks of the frightened operators after hearing the thunder that just, out of fate, happened to strike right after you claimed the weather was nice.

This was the most stupid thing you had said to her, yet.

Operator Surtr grimaced at you as if you were a clown making a fool out of themself. It wasn't like you had expected her to laugh it off, however, but this merely added to the awkwardness of the scenario.

"Is there anything else you need from my office, if so..."

"Do you think I'm a fool? I didn't waste my efforts to come all the way here just to thank you." She stated as she handed you a document.

Then you remembered, the invitation Miss Ceylon had sent you an elegant letter with printed cursive and a red flower stamp, informing you to bring Surtr to the trip to Siesta as well. Yeah, the trip in two weeks. "It seems like you had gotten close to Operator Surtr. If you would, please hand this invitation to her" Was what she said, in a small chuckle...

You had inspected the letter that day. Ceylon just had to...
Had to...
Decorate it as if it was a love letter.

Hah, whatever, you'll just say that Ceylon told you to deliver it. If anything, it's Ceylon who's delivering the love letter, not you!

You took the document and handed the letter, saying exactly what you had planned. After briefly scanning the letter, she asked an unnecessary question. Well, what seemed like an unnecessary question.

"Am I expected to read this out loud?"

You only responded with "That's up to you to decide." And so she cleared her throat, with a high pitched and booming voice, she sounded...

"Invitation to Siesta. Good day, Miss Surtr, this is Ceylon. I sent you this letter to inform you that you have been invited to participate in the trip to Siesta, taking place in 14 days. You are expected to bring beach-related items such as swimsuits, sunglasses, etcetera. Do not worry, the Doctor will attend as well, so I hope the both of you have fun, as I will attend your marriage~"

You instantly regretted not reading the letter beforehand. What the hell did she mean with the last part? Ceylon is certainly planning something with this trip.

In a situation like this, the only thing you could do is overlook the last part. Although you didn't want to accept it, the both of you were frequently spotted together, eating ice cream, organising documents, and even Nian herself told you during supper last night that she felt like a third wheel.

You chuckled awkwardly, seemingly urging yourself to forget the last sentence. The only way to escape was to leave. "Allow me to excuse myself to the workshop now... and please consider the invitation..."

"Why are you going to the workshop?" Surtr asked.

To Surtr, it seemed as if smoke erupted from the sides of your head.

"To find Miss Celyon, of course."