TRUST 85% - HEADS DOWN, EYES LOCKED

When a girl kisses you, what do you do next?

Push her away?
Kiss her back?

Act as if nothing happened, and move forward?

She surely already knew that you were awake, you were certain. What exactly, though, are you pondering over? It didn't even take a second to complete the quick kiss on the cheek. You were the Doctor, and it was carried out in secret.

Operators probably gave you a million various sorts of kisses before amnesia. This was most likely nothing in comparison. Even the medic units proved that you weren't a virgin since quite a while back, and when you asked Amiya about your love life, she remained silent. Hence what makes you behave like a lovesick middle schooler?

Surtr was leaning back and looking straight through your tacky hood. Your eyes weren't visible, but she made it appear like they were.

"..."

At that precise moment, your confidence surged, and you thought to yourself, "Instead of lingering around and waiting for her to expose and humiliate you, what if you present yourself first?" You slowly stood up from the table and removed your hood. Nian once advised you: "The greatest approach to handle a girl is to make them flustered. Man up, doc!"

Surtr's expression was priceless; it mixed a hint of rage with a dash of humiliation. What you were so certain about earlier seems to be incorrect. She would still believe you were sleeping if you remained motionless. But you still can't regret it. You must wait until you see the outcome of this decision.

Before this vacation, Nian also reminded you: "No matter what she does to you, be at ease." That cocky moron almost appeared to have anticipated this outcome. She was, however, more than correct. You're a full grown adult, so you ought to behave like one...

Surtr turned to the side, her hands balled into fists, and she glared at the ground, her eyes burned with rage. Will she summon Laevatein and beat the hell out of you?

This girl experienced something humiliating; perhaps you want to calm her down rather than provoking her like this. So you approached her and patted her head soothingly while grinning awkwardly. This gesture shocked her, and at that instant her hostility seemed to fade.

"...Don't be like this. We've all been working hard, the purpose of this vacation is to take a break from pressure, no?"

While keeping her gaze fixed on the ground, she nodded, acknowledging the wise words that took you a lot of thought to muster.

You promised to yourself over the following days to simply forget what Nian had said. She might not be as sophisticated as she portrays herself to be. She certainly lacks any experience, particularly in romance, and probably learns everything from those cliché novels...

And so...

In a blink of an eye, this vacation was over.