TRUST 49% - CRIMSON CHEEKS

The marble slipped out of her fingertips, rolled on the desk, but that was not important to Surtr, as she kept her eyes on you, waiting for an answer.

The rolling marble was the sole sound in the space. Additionally, there was no breathing sound. Both of you appeared to be holding your breath. It continued until the marble stopped rolling, at which point there was only stillness and the audible throb of your heartbeat.

For a brief minute, you believed she had heard every word that had been written in your mind seeing as your thoughts were so loud yet unclear.

What does she mean?
What should you answer?
What is she to you?

Why are you hesitating to answer this question? It's embarrassing to admit that just a few minutes ago, you were constantly reminding yourself that she was nothing more than a pawn on the battlefield and that you were only using her power. How selfish of you, but that was the truth.

Is it though? You suddenly thought.

Is this a change of heart?

However, you still decided to be frank with that twisted logic of yours.

"You are one with incomprehensible power, crucial in every single battle. Not just me and my squad, your presence is irreplaceable in the whole Rhodes Island. I hope you understand your importance."

At that moment, Surtr had realised how wrong she was earlier. There was no such thing as "the doctor off the battlefield."

You were always like this. So much that it broke her heart a little.

And you can tell just by glancing at her reaction. You wished you could say something encouraging to her...

At that moment, you begin to think differently. Perhaps you should start confronting your emotions and telling her the truth. It's the genuine, unvarnished truth this time.

"Please put that out of your mind... if you want to know your value to me... away from the battlefield..."

This piqued her interest. She kept listening, hoping for the answer she had envisioned.

"I feel a feeling of closure anytime I'm around you, therefore you're someone enjoyable to be around. We are always assisting each other for the betterment of our personal problems."

You turned around with a warm smile on your face. Your improvising talent happened to surprise even yourself.

"Surtr, thank you for being open and honest with me. I sincerely hope we can spend more informal time together like this."

The previously small tint of pink on her cheeks appeared to grow. With each second passing, the deeper the shades grew.

You watched.

It seems that she had only taken notice of it when the heat around her had become uncontrollable, and that sudden, astonished face gave it all away. She sensually touched her light crimson cheeks with the tips of her fingers, turning away, knowing that you would eventually lay your eyes on them. Well, she was too late, as you had already seen every centimetre of movement she made. You could even estimate the thoughts running through her head.

You chuckle softly, allowing her to have her way. Having the chance to see Surtr in this state, this is such an abuse of your power. You hate this feeling of smugness.