Chapter 4 - Curiosity Killed the Cat...

"Where is he?" you snap, your knife now to the bald man's throat. You hadn't intended for this to go so far, but once you started tracing some of thieves calls back after taking their phones, and all of their most recent calls have been from the same number.

"I asked you a question," you press the blade further, starting to draw blood before the man finally gives in, "I'm telling you, I don't know anything about him. Just that he has a warehouse a few blocks from here, on 42nd and 10th. They have a big delivery coming in."

"You better not be lying," you let him go, slotting the knife back into your belt and walking out of the alleyway you chased him down.

~~~~~~~

Matt has been waiting patiently on the rooftop of the building beside the warehouse, listening in to the Russian's conversations about their incoming weapons trade. By the sounds of it, there should be a truck full of guns and ammo coming any minute.

Trying to drown out the sounds of the bustling city, he finally singles out a heavy truck just less than a mile out. Matt knows that has to be it, but just as he's about to stop it from even getting here, another heartbeat enters the building. From the front door.

Meanwhile, you have just arrived at the address the bald man gave you earlier for the 'big delivery.' You know what that means, there's an illegal weapons deal. 

Originally, you had sought out to help out a couple museums in the area because of the random surge in robberies. But you're now realising that this goes deeper than burglary, a hell of a lot deeper.

"Is she yours Anatoly?" a man with a scar on his right eye gestures towards you, and the man you gather is named Anatoly shakes his head.

"She?" Matt mutters, before he realises who it is from the sound the combat boots make off of the concrete. It's the same person he's been trying to catch for weeks on end. What you're doing here though, that's what is the most confusing to him.

He has to make a choice, go after you, or the truck. The truck obviously would be the right decision, but his curiosity gets the better of him. 

He starts to make his way down the fire escape, hearing commotion as he runs down the stairs.

"You might want to leave princess, this is going to get ugly," Anatoly threatens, causing to roll your eyes. Which they luckily didn't see thanks to your night vision goggles.

You flick off the light switch to your right, causing the entire warehouse to go dark.

"I can't see anything, turn the lights back-" Anatoly utters before you shut him up. One kick to head was all it took to knock him out, this is going to be easier than you thought.

You somersault over one of the men, wrapping a wire around his neck and yanking him down onto the ground. You just manage to stomp on his head once before the lights flick on.

"Get her!" the man with a scar shouts, as men start charging at you, other pulling out guns, so predictable.

You slide along the ground, sweeping the legs of two of the men, their own friends shooting them by accident in the process. 

Snatching a gun from one of the men on the grounds hands, you pull him back up. You use him as a shield for a while, as you shoot six of them, one bullet in the knee, two in each shoulder, preventing any of them from either chasing you or shooting you. 

Having no use for him anymore, you put a bullet through his back and one in the man that had just stood up again.

Now all that's left is the man coming at you with a crowbar, which you quickly use against him, thumping him in the head with it and the man beside him.