Chapter 8 - Crossing The Line

A metal bar is whacked off the back of your head, sending you flying across the room into the wall. 

You shouldn't have let your guard down, it's one of the first few lessons you learnt, how did you forget.

Hoisting yourself back up, you stumble back slightly, having to put one hand against the wall to regain your balance.

It's one of Vladimir's goons, who you definitely aren't about to lose to in a fight. "Come on then, let's dance."

He swings at you again and as you step to the side, the metal bar goes through the wall next to your head.

There's a ringing in your ear from where he hit you, and you know you're probably concussed. 

Just as he pulls the bar out of the wall, you sweep his leg, and he tumbles to the ground. You climb on top of him, grabbing the bar off of him and thumping him in the head with it repeatedly.

"Take it easy sweetheart."

You whip your head to the side to see Frank standing in the doorway. Looking back down, you realise you've completely bashed his skull in. "Oh god," you mumble, you haven't actually killed someone since you were under Dreykov's control.

Injured, sure. Broken a few bones, definitely. But killed? You crossed the line that you swore to yourself you wouldn't.

You get off the man, backing into the corner of the room and sliding down the wall. 

"We can't stay here, come on," Castle holds out his hand for you to take, but you can't take your eyes off the body in front of you.

You're a killer now, and worst of all, of your own will.

Frank helps you up off the ground, taking you out the back of the building before more people get here.

~~~~~~~

As you wake up, the ringing in your head is still there. Reaching back to feel where you got hit, there's a bandage.

"What the-" you say confusedly, as you glance around the room you're in. This isn't your house, so who the hell's is it?

"Hey, hey, you need to lie back down," a voice calls out, it's Frank.

"No, I need to get out of here. I'm friends with Yelena, not you," you get out of the bed, your head really is pounding.

"I never said I was your friend, but you're hurt-"

"I'm alive aren't I, now where's the door," you ask him, peering around the room, which is spinning just a little bit.

"In front of you," Frank states, as you look ahead at the door. "Right, yeah, I knew that."

He steps out in front of you, "I'm gonna need you to wait a few minutes."

"Get out of my way Frank," you say disdainfully, Frank not budging. "Can't do that."

"It wasn't a question," you spit, kicking him across the face, slightly loosing your footing after you do.

He barely moves, only taking a couple of steps back before reaching forward and grabbing both of your wrists. "And you clearly aren't on good enough shape to leave right now, so go lie down and stop being an idiot."

"Make me, prick," you twist your body into his, elbowing him in the stomach and throwing him over your shoulder.

Opening the door, you look down the hallway to see Yelena at the end of it. So this is why Frank wanted you to wait.