Chapter 51

"Adrian! What are you doing here?!" I exclaimed once I got over the shock of seeing him here in Paris, standing outside my hotel room as if it was an everyday occurrence to him.

"Visiting my girlfriend, of course!" He replied with his smug smile.

I poked my head out and breathed in relief when I saw that Leah's door was fortunately still closed before dragging the insufferable and at the same time, adorable devil and locking my door. Once inside safety, I didn't waste a minute before jumping on him and kissing him with my entire being. I faintly felt him placing the bouquet on the table before winding his arms around me and returning the kiss with matching passion.

"Seems like someone has been missing me." He commented smugly when we pulled apart.

"Of course I did. You're apparently hard not to miss." I mumbled against his chest as I hugged him close.

He chuckled and pressed a gentle kiss on the top of my head. "I missed you too, love. A lot."

I pulled away a little to look at him. "Is that why you came?"

I nodded. "Yeah. That, and to do this." He took the ring from my finger and got down in front of me on one knee. "Evelyn White, do you accept my promise to love you till the rest of our life?"

I rolled my eyes at his dramatic move but smiled nonetheless. I held out my left hand to him. "I do."

He smiled widely and stood up, sliding the ring over my middle finger, following it with a soft kiss over my knuckles.

"Now, not that I don't appreciate you gesture, but did you really have to buy a diamond ring for this?"

"What is the use of me owning a jewelry company if I don't give one diamond ring to my girlfriend?"

"Watch out, or I'll run away with all your money someday." I said with a serious face, making him look at me weirdly with a smirk.

"Oh? But you forget I know how to forge your signatureeee." He said in a sing-song voice.

I raised my eyebrows at him. "And what good would it do?"

He shrugged. "Well, let's see, hmm... I might just transfer your company in my name. Or you know, sell it so I'll become the richest man in the world."

"You better be kidding right now, Stone. I'll kill the person who ever tries to mess with Eva's." I said, half joking.

He raised with hands in surrender. "Hey! Calm down, tiger! I was kidding. Besides, you were the one to start!"

I groaned, covering my face in embarrassment. "I know! I'm sorry! I didn't know where that came from. I do trust you with my life and more, Adrian. It's just... I've just been having some weird feelings these days, as if something bad is about to take place with my company and I'm sorry I took it out to you. Maybe it's because I'm about to start this whole thing here in France. Maybe I shouldn't expand my company."

"Hey, hey, love. Come here." His eyes softened and he opened up his arms for me. I stepped into them and let myself be buried deep into the cocoon of his arms. "It's okay to feel scared. Lord knows I feel too, every time I start a new business, or have a new investor or business partner. It only means you care a lot about your company. But there's no need to feel so now. You're doing a wonderful job. Just you wait, this French branch is going to earn you millions. I can feel it in my bones. Maybe I'll be a sit-at-home husband while you earn for us."

I smacked his chest lightly as my mind faintly recalled the ease at which he talked of him being my husband someday. It was as if him being my husband was inevitable, and he was only stating the facts. I tried to picture us in that stage of life- as happily married couple- and realized that I loved that picture in my mind. I felt his heart beating erratically against my head, just like mine was, no doubt he was imagining the same picture in his head. Yes, I really loved that picture we presented.