Chapter one

The clock hit 7:30 pm.. it was time to leave to board my flight. It wasn't a rush since it was just me and my parents, and i wasn't dreading the flight, since it would only be close to 2 hours long. We head out and board the plane around 8:00 pm. I'm getting excited while I'm on the plane, I will finally get away from My old home and finally be able to restart My life. New place, New people. All I've ever wanted.

(Time skip)

When the plane lands, I get in a separate car from My parents, and follow them to Our new home.. We live in something called figure eight, apparently i'm a kook (i still don't understand what's the difference between a kook and a pogue) but i've got told to stay away from pogues.. we go inside for a little and check out our new home.

Paige- Mom, Is it alright if i drive around and get familiar with the place?

Mom- Ofc hunny, just stay away from the Cut!

Paige- What's the cut?

Mom- Well sweetie, it's where the pogues live. We have our side of the island, and they have theirs.

Paige- Okay, We'll i don't know when i will be back, I just need some time to process all of this, you know.

Mom- I understand, it must be hard leaving all of your old friends behind.. you'll make more here tho, i'm sure of it!

Paige-"Yeah.." i said, knowing i didn't miss any of my old friends, i didn't even consider them my friends.

As i'm driving off, i'm thinking where I want to go to first.
I'll just go to the beach. Simple as that.
As Im driving I see an open spot on the beach, beside this huge white house with a long dock and boat at the end. Gosh, I guess this is good. I get out and walk down to beach, where I see someone sitting on a log, he seemed upset so I went and sat beside him to try and cheer him up.

Paige- Heyy, you seemed upset so i wanted to say hi!

Rafe-I'm good, but um.. who are you?

Paige- Ohh, i'm Paige Reeves. Me and my family just moved here, i was just riding around trying to figure this place out. I say as I giggle a little so make it less awkward.

Rafe- Ahh i understand, Well i've lived here my whole life, i know every curve. Even in the cut, i've had a few runs over on that side. I can show you around if you'd like, it could get my mind off things.

Paige- That sounds great, if you don't mind.

Rafe- Nothing better to do, and i have a few things i need to do while i'm out.

Paige- at 10:30 at night?

Rafe- I like doing things at night other than during the day. He says, followed by a wink.

He winked at me. WHAT?? he probably did that to everyone, but He was so fine. I couldn't help but blush.

Rafe- You can take a picture if you want, it will last longer. he says, laughing.

Paige- Or you can show me around like you said.

Rafe- That's right, we can take my car.

Paige- Okay, and i never asked you, what's your name?

Rafe- Rafe Cameron, Son of the one and only Ward Cameron.

Ward Cameron.. my dad told me about him. i thought to myself. How he was the richest on figure eight, and i was talking to his son.

Rafe- Well um How old are you?

Paige- I'll be eighteen in tomorrow actually, what about you?

Rafe- I just turned eighteen a couple weeks ago, not that much older.

Paige- Well are we gonna get to going or not, Rafe.
I say as i laugh and start to run up to his Truck.

Rafe- You little sh!t ! he screams out as he starts to chase me.

i'm almost at his car when i feel him grab my hand and turn me around, right then i trip over his foot and we both fall. I was laying on top of him and he was looking up smiling.

Rafe- Dang paige we just met, but i'm not complaining. He says as he starts to laugh.

Paige- Oh hush, don't flatter yourself. i say, trying to act like i wasn't fazed. Kinda hard to act like that when you have butterflies and is on top of someone THAT hot.

He started to laugh and make fun of me, since i was blushing. He was a softie, But i couldn't get carried away with a guy i just met. What was i thinking?? so i pulled myself off of him and stood up.

Paige- Umm.. I didn't.. Ugh i don't know what to say.

Rafe- Your good, that was my fault.

Paige- well can we go now or..

Rafe- oh um.. yeah.

We get into the truck and he starts to take me around figure eight and show me every little thing around the island, until he pulls up to a trailer park By the Cut..

Paige- Wth are we doing here??

Rafe- I'll make it quick, promise.

Paige- whatever.

he gets out and walks up to this man and i can barely see them, but i could see Rafe hand the man money and then get a bag of something in exchange. I knew exactly what it was. I had a hard time and didn't know how to cope with it all so i had to find something. I still do it every now and then though.

Rafe- sorry, so where to next.

Paige- It doesn't matter to me honestly, i just don't wanna go back to my parents right now though.

Rafe- You can come stay at my house and hangout if you want to, my family is off at our vacation home for a week.

Paige- that sounds great!

_________________________________________

I randomly thought of the idea for this book, i hope you enjoy though! Posting part 2 tomorrow sometime.. <3

• 1/28/22 •