Chapter six

We get to the store and mom walks down another isle to find the drinks, and i see Sarah and John B, They come running up to me.

Sarah- Hey girl! Are you going to the party tonight?

John B-Yeah! It's gonna be so fun!

Paige- Umm, i didn't know about a party?

John B- Toppers throwing it, but it's still gonna be awesome!

Sarah- C'mon Paige, you have to come. My brother is gonna be there. She says as she winks.

Paige- Sarah.. I cant be with him and you know that. Everything me and him did is already out of my mind. Doesn't mean anything to me.

John B- Pshhh. I saw you two the other night.

Sarah- We all know that isn't true Paige. I'd take you as a sister, anyways. You down?

Paige- I guess, My parents leave tonight.. pick me up after they leave?

John B- Sounds great.

Sarah- Yeah, see ya there!

They walk away and mom walks up to me.

Mom- Talking to friends?

Paige- Yeahh.. Exactly what time do you guys leave tonight?

Mom- It's gonna be a little sooner than i thought.. maybe around 8:00 pm?

Paige- Okay, when's dad gonna be back?

Mom- I'm gonna meet him, so you won't be able to see him before we leave..

Paige- aww, okay. I say, even if i shouldn't say this, i don't really care. Dad has never showed emotions to me. I've gave up on trying.

After a while of shopping we get back home, it's now 6:45. Me and mom put away all the stuff we bought and sit down to talk.

Mom- So i know your 18 now.. And i've been seeing you hangout with that boy here recently. Since me and your father are going to be gone for a while i just wanted to let you know that doesn't mean you can go crazy and do whatever you want.

Paige- I know mom, You always give me the boy talk.

Mom- No paige, I mean like going to places that can get you hurt. Like parties. I've heard the kook party's here are not a good place to go to. That boy of your is into all of that stuff. I just want you to be safe.

Paige- I wont be in any kind of trouble mom, i promise.

Mom- Okay, we'll i'm gonna go finish packing then i will head out.

Paige- Okay, don't forget to tell me bye before you leave.

Mom- I wont.

I walk to my room and lay on my bed, mom bought me some new clothes today since she's gonna be gone for a while. I might try some on and try to find an outfit for tonight. I know mom said that i couldn't be going to partys or anything, But i can't miss out. I mean i'm 18 now.. I've gotta have fun somehow.

I try clothes on for the longest, when mom walks in.

Mom- I'm leaving hun, I love you so much and again, Be safe!

Paige- I know mom, i know. I love you, and i'm gonna miss you so much. Please try and hurry.

Mom- I'm gonna miss you to, and i'll try my best.

She gives me the biggest hug and i walk her to her car, where all her stuff is packed up. She gets in her cars and starts to drive off.

Mom- See you soon!

Paige- Bye mom!

She Drives out of the driveway when i run back into my room, searching for the best outfit to wear for tonight.

I want to be noticed tonight. I want to stand out. So i pick out these very short, denim shorts with a Laced crop top. Only held together in the middle with a tied string, clearly showing cleavage. I text sarah and she says she will come pick me up.

About 5 mins later, i hear a car pull into my driveway, i walk outside and i stood there for a minute. It's a big decked out truck. That isn't sarah.

Rafe- You coming or not?

Paige- Where tf is sarah?

Rafe- She sent me to get you, got a problem with that bby?

Paige- Don't call me that.

Rafe- What's your deal? Maybe the alcohol will loosen you up a bit, and what are you wearing? doesn't look like your even wearing much.

Paige- What does it matter to you.

Rafe- Damn okay nevermind, But frl hop in. We cant be late.

Paige- Fine.

I hop into the front seat, right when i get in it reeked with the smell of alcohol.

Paige- have you already been drinking?

Rafe- What? No.

I look into the back seat to find 3 empty beer cans.

Paige- Oh so your a liar now?

Rafe- It wasn't much, and i'm still straight. so we're good.

Paige- Rafe you can barley speak. You know what? Just drive.

Rafe- Relax Paige.

Paige- Sorry, I'm in a bitchy mood and i'm kinda taking it out on you. My mom and dad are leaving for 6 weeks.

Rafe- I'll take your apology if you let me stay for 6 weeks with you.

Paige- i'd love to except that offer, but Rafe me and you wont work out..

Rafe- and why is that?

Paige- You don't seem like the type of guy to date me, and your my best friends brother..

Rafe- Okay and? I don't claim her as a sister.

Paige- Rafe.

Rafe- Paige. Why would you even say that we won't work, you haven't tried it.

Paige- Well i mean you didn't really make the best first impression.. you left me in your house without telling me anything.. and you kinda got my only friends to hate me.

Rafe- Okay okay, I'm sorry about the house part, i told you, it was the pogues. And the friend part, seems like y'all are chill now..

Paige- Not me and kiara. I'm almost 100% sure she hates me now..

Rafe- She hates a lot of people.

Paige- Yeah, including you. I've seemed to catch on that a lot of people hate you rafe.

Rafe- They just hate me cuz they ain't me.

Paige- Please never say that again.

Rafe- I would if i had time, But looks like we're here already. You sure you wanna do this?

Paige- Hell yeah.