Chapter Fourteen

It's the next morning and i wake up to no one beside me. I walk down the stairs to the kitchen to see sarah and rose talking.

Rose- Hey paige!

Paige- Hey rose, hey sarah, Do you guys know where rafe went?

Sarah- I think he's out by the dock.

Paige- Thank you, I'll come back in and talk here in a sec, i'm sorry.

Rose- your okay hunny, I understand.

I walk outside and i see rafe standing at the end of the dock, I walk down to meet him and he looks terrible.

Paige- Rafe?

Rafe- Oh hey paige.

Paige- Are you okay?

Rafe- Yes, I'm fine.

Paige- You know you can always talk to me.

Rafe- Nothing is f*cking wrong paige. I'm fine.

He scared me when he said this, i just stood there in silence until he started to speak again.

Rafe- Dammit i'm sorry paige. I didn't mean it like that.

Paige- i leave tonight rafe and you cannot be like this. It's ridiculous.

Rafe- I know, I'm sorry i will do better.

Paige- Come on let's go inside.

We walk back inside to rose and sarah and see them just standing there staring at rafe.

Rose- Rafe you look terrible.

Rafe- Rose i'm fine.

Rose walks up to me and whispers, "Please get him under control." "I'm trying." I respond.

Sarah- Well we leave tonight, I hope your ready paige! We're gonna have so much fun!

Paige- "I'm so ready". I say as i look at rafe. Trying not to change my mind about going.

Rose- You girls better be on your best behaviors down there, we don't need a bad reputation.

Sarah- Oh rose don't worry about us, we will be great.

We talk for a while about the trip and all the things at the Bahamas that we can do then after a while me and rafe head back upstairs to his room.

Rafe- Paige i'm terrified for when you leave.

Paige- You are going to be completely fine rafe. I just know it.

Rafe- I just hope nothing bad happens when your gone.

Paige- I wont be gone long rafe. I still need to pack before tonight, Do you want to come help me?

Rafe- I guess i could.

We both go downstairs and we get into his truck and drive to my house. When we arrive i get a text message from mom.

*Text messages*

mom- Hey sweetie, Me and dad still haven't agreed to telling you this but i just wanted to let you know so you would have time to see everyone there. We have decided to move back. Dads job switched up the work and it's just all so confusing to explain but when we come back in a month we will be coming back home. You can see all of your old friends and it will be back to normal!
_______________________________________

No.. I cannot move back and leave everyone here. Especially rafe. I decided to keep this to myself and not say anything about it just yet. I sit there and reread the text and i start to tear up.

Rafe- Are you okay, What's wrong?

Paige- "I'm just going to miss you so much." i hated lying to him but i couldn't tell him this. Not right now because of the state he is in. It would break him.

We sit and he helps me pack for a couple hours and the time is 2:00 Pm.

Rafe- What time are you leaving?

Paige- Around 7 is when we are getting on the boat.

Rafe- I'm going to miss you so much.

Paige- I'm gonna miss you too but it's only 3 days. I will come back to you on monday.

after packing we head back to his house and i put my stuff in sarah's room so we can leave later that night.

I go into sarah's room with her while rafe takes a shower.

Sarah- I'm scared for rafe paige.

Paige- Trust me, i am too. I just hope he doesn't get worse while we are gone.

Sarah- I know, I didn't realize he was this bad until here recently. I think he's scared for you to leave.

Paige- He is, But i have faith in him, i think he can be under control until we get back.

Sarah- I hope, I mean we aren't going to be gone long anyways.

paige- I know but there is no telling what he could do while we are gone.