Electric Love

Chapter 9

I didn't know how close Fez and Avril were. Nobody knew except the two. Maybe you could ask Ashtray and he'd tell you but it wasn't likely because he didn't know himself.

Avril would hang out with Fez more than she did with Nate. She would only see Nate on Fridays and sometimes he would stay over until Saturday but that was it. After school she didn't go to the motel or her house. She had listened to one of her parents voicemails and they had said that they were out of town again and they loved her. She had cried for about 2 hours. Maybe she'd thought they run after her. They had her bank statements so they would know she had gotten a room with her card. She had done it on purpose.

Avril had tossed and turned in the bed hoping to find anyone to reach out to her. When she realized Nate was gone she sat up. She didn't bother calling because she didn't give a shit. Later she knew he would come by for sex. Not that she would give it to him. In all honesty she had wished he looked for it somewhere else.

She picked her phone up. Nate had brought her a charger so she would be able to call him. She rarely did but was still thankful. She got up and decided to miss out on school and get her shit together. She would go home since her parents were gone.

Nate was going back to school today. It was Monday morning. Like always Nate had been going around lying to her face, he didn't tell her about what he did to Jules and how bad he had scared the shit out of her. How he had told her to stay away from Avril.

When Nate walked in he expected for her to be at he side. But she hadn't come to school. He had tried texting her during class and calling her at lunch. But that was it. He had talked to the principal about what happened along with the coach. The school had to apologize to him. Nate felt as if he was on top of the world.

While Nate was at school Avril was heading home with the help of Fez. Now I don't know what the hell they had in common but they liked being around each other.

"Why you look like you about to shit yourself?" Fez asked leaning in the front seat. "I'm trying not to crash." She didn't drive on the highway much because everywhere she went she was able to be there by going on the street. Most of the time she hated driving. It irritated her.

"Why you so tense?" He asked. "I don't drive on the highway often." She said she swore a truck had almost hit her. "Get off here I'll drive the rest of the way." He said.

"Are you sure we only have about ten more minutes."

"If you're gonna be driving it's gonna be 20. Pull over at the exit." He said. She got off the exit and pulled over. "I can guarantee my grandma drives faster than you. And she's in a fucking coma" She scoffed.

"I wasn't even driving that slow. It's just my car!" She said. "I don't even drive that much anymore Nate usually takes me to school." At the mention the air got thick and tense.