My oh my

Chapter 27

*Unedited*

*Unedited*

"You graduate next month and you haven't applied to any colleges?"

"Mom I applied to some in state colleges."

"You and I both know you can do better then community colleges." She said with a hand on her hip. "Is it that boy? The one that your making your father lawyer up for? Is he telling you not to go to-"

"Stop." Avril closed her eyes seething. "It's not him it's me. I don't want to leave I have people here, I don't want to go to some place I've never been and have everything be different. I have a plan I've studied hard and I'm going to go to Law School just like dad I have a plan it's not going to change because of anyone but myself."

"Well I'm glad you're in your right mind about this I'm proud of you."

"Yeah well when you have to raise yourself you get the hang of it." Her moms breath hitched but she kept a straight face.

"I'm going to start lunch. Your father should be back by then." She said backing out of the room.

Before her parents had gotten home she had warned them of the other person staying in the guest bedroom. Fez's Grandma she had gotten help moving her from his house into hers and she was staying in the downstairs guest room. She had went out of her way to refill all of her meds and was considering hiring a nurse to take care of her when she couldn't.

The only issue was she still hadn't found Ashtray and she wasn't the only one looking the police were too. It wasn't everyday that a 15 year old would shoot a cop.

She looked peaceful but pale. Even if she didn't make a promise to Fez she had made one to herself she would make sure his grandma was in great condition till he could take care of her when he got out.

A knock sounded the room door and it opened. "Your mom said you were in here. I wanted to talk with you."

"Okay just let me finish and then we can talk."

*~*

"Avril your friend is in deep. They're investigating multiple murders along with the one that was inside that house. And then the cop that died. They only have one suspect which is your friend but I can't tell you anything else-"

"Bullshit. I called you, you can fucking tell me."

"Avril this is still my job-"

"I know, I know but it's not like I'm asking you to temper with the evidence or play with the story how ever you want to I'm asking you to help him."

"I'm trying to do that but I can't tell you how I am helping him."

"Dad I called you, you didn't know what happened and I barely know, and now you know more then me."

"Honey there's nothing I can do about this he's facing time with what they have against him. I'm trying to help him and he hasn't said anything to the police but a cop is dead and they have the weapon used." He paused a small breath leaving her lips.