Chapter 4

Camila's P.O.V

"I'm going to go in to the office. Collins isn't there, so I need to warn the rest of the police men of the issue at hand. My boss says to keep the girls here and tell everyone else that we didn't find them. You four stay with Avia and Lynn. It's late so get them to sleep." Ally instructed us.

"Got it." I told her as she left out of the door. I locked it behind her and spun around to face Normani and Dinah.

"Did you see those bruises? That is beyond ridiculous." I told them as I walked by the two giants.

"I know, the man is a police officer for crying out loud! His hits are super heavy." Normani replied from behind me, "I'm going to go help Lauren get the girls ready for bed." With that, she disappeared leaving just Dinah and I.

She held a look of sadness on her face so I walked up to her and gave her a hug. She embraced me immediately. We all knew that you weren't supposed to take the job personal, but sometimes it was hard not to.

"We're going to get whoever needs to be gotten." I assured her.

"We better." She replied, holding me tightly.

"Sorry to interrupt, but Lynn asked for you both to put her to bed." Dinah and I jumped at Lauren's voice and broke apart from our hug immediately.

When I looked at her, she was smiling at the two of us. It was an evil smile too. I rolled my eyes. "It's not like that Jauregui." I told her, glancing at Dinah once more before brushing past Lauren and towards the living room.

"Whatever you say, Cabello." I heard her say from behind me.

"What about you and Normani? We don't say anything when you two flirt in the office!" Dinah shouted which made me laugh because it was absolutely true.

"Don't mix business with your personal life. Haven't we all learned that?" Lauren replied and I could still hear her footsteps following after me along with Dinah's.

I nodded because it was true. We'd all learned that lesson a LONG time ago.

We appeared in the back bedroom. Normani sat on the bed as Avia slept up against her. I awed in my head because the child looked so peaceful. Lynn on the other hand sat on the other half of the guest bed with wide eyes with a straight up position. Her eyes calmed just a bit when she saw the three of us enter the room.

"She wants to sleep on the couch." Normani announced, pulling Avia closer to her.

I looked at the small child with confused eyes. "You don't want to sleep in the bed, honey?" I asked, inching myself closer to her. She shook her head no and stood to her feet. She seemed to hesitate for a moment before walking up to me.

"I want her to come too." Lynn said in a hushed voice, pointing her finger to Dinah. A suprised look took over Dinah's face, but she didn't argue with the child. Instead, she began to walk out of the room first and Lynn and I followed.

After we settled in the living room- Dinah sitting on the single couch and Lynn and I on the double sofa- Dinah clicked on the TV.

Lynn watched with wide eyes and I felt her tense up against me.

"What's wrong, Lynn?" I questioned.

She looked up at me. "Isn't it too loud?" She asked me. I glanced at Dinah who held a confused look on her face before answering.

"It's only on a volume of fifteen. That isn't loud. Does your daddy not like stuff too loud?"

"He always told me I was too loud. That's why he hit me sometimes." She replied, looking away and down at her lap.

"Well here, you can be as loud as you want, okay?" Dinah's voice came. Lynn looked over at her and nodded, but quickly returned her focus to her lap.

"Does Ally have a husband?" She asked. It was so low that I barely heard her.

"She does, but he's a really nice man and plus he's out of town for a week or so." I assured her. When she didn't look up, I grabbed her chin gently and forced her to. "Nobody is going to hurt you with us around, got it?"

She nodded slightly and looked down again. "I'm tired. Is it okay if I go to sleep?"

Just then, I heard my business phone begin to vibrate. I grabbed the phone and looked at the caller I.D. I froze when I saw Officer Collin's name. I looked up abruptly and caught eye contact with Dinah. "I have to go take a call. Lynn, Dinah can stay with you and help you go to sleep."

After she nodded, I kissed the side of her head and moved away slowly. Dinah stood as well and when I walked past her, she grabbed my hand and looked me deep into the eyes. "If it's Collins, don't tell him where we are." She told me in a whisper.

I nodded. "I got it, don't worry." She gave me a longing look before letting go and making her way to Lynn.

I walked into one of Ally's bathrooms and clicked the answer button.

"Detective Cabello speaking." I addressed.

"Detective Cabello, where are you and Dectectives Hansen, Jauregui, and Kordei?" I heard Collins's deep voice ask.

I bit my lip. "We're still out looking for your daughters. The locations you gave us were abandoned buildings that were rigged and burned to flames. Don't worry Officer, we'll continue to look."

I heard a long silence on the phone. The sick man knew what he was doing, but he didn't know that we already saved his little girls. "I expect you all to be back at the station by midnight, whether you have them or not, understood?"

"Understood." I replied and then I hung up.

Whatever game he was playing, he wasn't going to win.