Chapter 13

QOTC: Favorite song(s) from the Reflection album?

My answer: Suga Mama, Reflection, and Everlasting Love :)

Normani's P.O.V

It was time for us to get off of work and I was beyond ready to go. Camila and Dinah agreed to watch the girls at Camila's house while I went home to get to my bed.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow. I'm going to take the car that Ally gave us this morning and head home." I told everyone as I grabbed my jacket from off of the back of the seat.

"Normani, can I go with you? I'm not tired!" Avia nearly shouted as she stood and made her way over to me. I looked down at her with uneasy eyes. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not. "Please..." She begged with her big, blue orbs.

I sighed, "Sure, Avia. Go and put on your jacket."

As she ran off, Camila raised a hand. "So I guess Dinah, Lynn, and I are spending the night together. I'll call you guys in the morning. See you all later."

"Tell me how your date goes, Laur." Dinah added as she scooped Lynn up into her arms.

I looked over my shoulder at the woman with pitch black hair and unusually green eyes. "Will do." She replied, smiling a bit.

I felt my emotions stir as I grabbed my work bag and flung it over my shoulder. Avia walked up next to me. "Ready to go, hun?" I asked her. She smiled at me and nodded.

We turned to walk out and I held the door open for the little blonde. "No good night, Normani?" I heard Lauren's voice call from behind me.

I spun and gave her a fake smile, "Good night, Jauregui."

*****

I was halfway to my house when I realized that Ally's car was almost out of gas, so we had to pull over and stop at a gas station.

"Can I help you pump?" Avia asked through the backseat window with wide eyes. I smiled at her and nodded, opening the door and allowing her to climb out.

I loved that just about anything could make children happy. Avia and Lynn had recieved horrible news only a few hours ago, and yet this child seemed to get over it rather quickly. I wished adult life was like that.

"Where is she?" I snapped out of my thoughts and spun in the direction of the voice.

I was face to face with Valerie O'Brien.

Since the gas was already in the car, I reached for Avia and pulled her close to me.

"Where is who?" I asked her.

"I know you cops have done your research- what is it, Detective Kordei? Where's Lynn? Where's my daughter?!"

"You've never been a mother to her!" Shouted Avia.

Valerie's eyes grew narrow and I could tell just by the way that she looked at Avia that she despised her. "I'm afraid nobody asked you, you little twerp. I'm talking to the detective."

"Don't talk to her like that. And as of right now, your daughter is in protective custody, meaning that you or any one else not eligible are not allowed to see her."

Valerie inched herself forward so that her chest was almost on mine- a sign of confrontation. "I wouldn't mess with me if I were you."

"Well good thing you aren't me." I replied, not backing down to the woman.

It was at precise moment that two gun shots bellowed through my ears. Avia screamed and as a reflex, I threw her to the ground, shielding her with my body.

After hearing a car's tires screech, I lifted myself up some to see if I could get a view of the vehicle. All I could make out was a forest green SUV as it drove off into the night. I reached for my walkie talkie subconsciously and found that it wasn't there. I'd forgotten that I was off duty.

I moved off of Avia when I heard her let out another loud shriek. I looked down and gasped when I noticed that my gray shirt was now dark red.

"Avia!" I shouted as I lifted her shirt to get a better look at the wound that soaked her pink t-shirt. There was a fresh one, right below her naval and it didn't look very shallow. "Avia! No, no!" I said more to myself than I did to her. I bit my lip in frustration as I pressed down on the wound with my palms to try and stop the excessive bleeding.

As she continued to scream, I began to run my fingers on her forehead to try and calm her. "I'm right here baby girl. You're going to be okay. Do me a favor and try not to fall asleep, okay? Can you do that for me?" As she attempted to make a reply, I spun around to face the few, startled bystanders, "Call 911! I need help now!"

I froze when I saw another body lying on the ground behind me.

A chubby man ran over to me and nodded excessively, "Help is on the way."

I nodded and pointed extremely fast towards an unconscious Valerie. "Do me a favor and check her for a pulse."

The man seemed to know what he was doing because he got to her pulse fast. "It's faint, but it's there."

I grimaced as I put more pressure on Avia's abdomen. "Where has she been hit?" I asked him, not really knowing if I truly wanted to know the answer.

"In her left side. Looks like it's near her ribcage."

I didn't have time to respond because Avia coughed and blood came spurting out of her nostrils. Her cries were becoming weaker and weaker and her eyes were beginning to grow very heavy.

I heard ambulances/police roaring in the distance, but I was too busy trying to keep the innocent child alive.

"C'mon babe. Stay awake for me. Avia..."

I reached for her hand and squeezed it in mine. Her eyes focused on me for an ever so slight moment, but then they shifted to look past me.

"Put some pressure on her wound." I ordered the man who'd been checking on Valerie.

Valerie- maybe I was wrong about her. If she'd gotten shot too, then that must've meant that someone wanted her gone. Maybe she was a victim, not a suspect. Maybe she wanted her daughter back so she could run, but from who?

But as of right then and there, there was only one thing on my mind and that was keeping Avia and Valerie alive.

Cliffhanger!
So what's going to happen? Will Avia be okay? What about Valerie? Oh and expect Ally soon. ;)

The Five Detectives | Fifth Harmony Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें