Chapter 20

As most of you know, I don't really update as much as I should. The reason why I'm updating so late this time is because I was on vacation. I know, you're probably getting tired of my excuses. :p

Also for any confusion about Avia being able to walk after being shot, the events of last chapter took place a couple of days later.

Vote! Comment! Enjoy! -Monie

- - - - -

Chapter 20

Camila's P.O.V

"So, we're definitely not going to let Dinah and Lynn go alone. That's a no no." Lauren stated.

Normani and I nodded our heads in agreement while Dinah gave us an annoyed look.

"I can handle myself," She replied, "I don't know why y'all are doubting that."

I made my way towards Dinah and I stopped about an inch from her face. "There's no way I'm letting you do that, so stop trying to make an argument about it."

She leaned back in her chair with a smirk on her face and then bit her lip. "Okay."

"What's going on anyway?" Avia asked. I noticed the way her face crumpled a bit in pain.

"Do you need to take some pain medicine, Avia?" Normani must've been reading my mind.

"I'm fine. I just want to know what's supposed to be happening."

Lynn looked up from her bowl of cereal with a raised eyebrow. No one had told her either.

"We umm.. We found your mother, Avia." Lauren told the blonde child. That was the honest truth.

Avia's mouth dropped open. "Where is she?"

The room grew awkwardly silent.

"We have something to tell you girls." Dinah said sorrowfully.

Lynn stood up suddenly, making the whole room jump. "Is she dead?!"

I put my hand on her shoulder. "No sweetheart, but she is in some trouble and we need your help."

* * *

"See him yet, Dinah?" Normani asked into her walkie talkie.

We were allowed to sit in the house across the street from Dinah's and watch from the attic window. I saw the blinds in her living window move.

"No sign of him."

I heaved a heavy sigh and stopped typing in my computer for a moment. Something was wrong, I just had no idea what it was. He said 8 o'clock and it was 8:30. Where was he?

"Look! The green SUV is pulling up!" Lauren shouted.

I reached for my walkie and warned Dinah, "The vehicle is approaching. We have your house surrounded."

"Are Lynn and Dinah going to be okay?" Avia's soft voice appeared.

"Yes hun, now don't worry." Normani assured her.