Chp 15 Catch Me Again

[Liam POV]

The Principle left a mysterious note on my office's desk after I got back from lunch with Sherly.

"Meet me at my office if you can Mr William, I would be delighted if you come alone quickly"
-principle

"No" Sherly groaned while snatching the small paper off my palm.

"Have you gotten enough already?" I said while taking back the note.

"The'alone' seems like a big trouble for me" Sherly groaned.

"Your thinking too much Sherly, you silly man," I said while pinching his cheek.

He took my fingers off his cheek and held it on tightly.

"Then let's go together, I'm an official lecturer here, I'm allowed to enter the principle office" he said.

"I'll be fired"I chuckled.

We took a shortcut walk towards the gorgeous staircase until it reaches to top floor, where the principle's office was held.

My palm slowly rub against the handle gently while Sherly followed behind me.

My heart is still racing when his behind me, I better not make it obvious once I reach to the office.

I knocked the door twice against the wooden door lightly and I slowly entered the room.

The principle's gloomy eyes stared up at us quickly, his pen fell off his palm when he noticed Sherly entered as well.

The principle seems to be writting a letter, but why is he so nervous?

Come to think of it, his body language when he approached me during my teaching was the same exact energy too.

"Pardon me if I may" Sherly smiled at the principal.

"Oh- no no, come in, I hope two of you gentlemen had your lunch" the principal smiled.

"Yes Principle, what seems to be urgent that you wanted to see me?" I smiled.

"P-please do me favour and shut the door behind would ya?" he mumbled in a trembling tone.

Sherly pat my shoulder gently and stood up, getting the door and close it slowly.

Both of us sat back down in our seats and waited quite a while for the nervous principle to speak.

"As well as you two gentlemen know, I'm not trying to ruin your moment but I'm dieing soon-" the principle said while joining his fingers together.

"I'm-so sorry to hear that but surely the others should know-" I said.

"I only trust both of you, you two have made my day the best life I ever had, the kindest I ever came across to" the principle smiled widely.

Sherly stared over me while placing his palm under mine against my lap, softly squeezing it.

Principle definitely have come of age, I only worked here for a few weeks and everything have to change just because of that.

Just because we can grow old.

"Your a good man principle, you deserve this lead, the university shines because of you" Sherly smiled.

The principle frowned more with his hands trembling roughly. His holding back his urge to say forward.

"You can tell us anything" I said while reaching out a hand on his shaking hands on his desk.

Sherly never stopped me which is good.

"I-I just wanted to live longer so I could see my grandchildren grow older, I was afraid I might never see them if I was in heaven, I can't be there for them" the Principle cried out while holding mine.