Chapter 2 (edited)

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I demanded planting my hands on his chest and lifting myself away from him after the initial impact of me face planting against his chest. Unfortunately, I couldn't get very far because he had his hands on my waist pinning me to him. Being this close was no good for my brain function. Everything about this man made my nerve endings flare to life, which is why I had to leave like yesterday. Attraction to him was dangerous I could tell and I needed to get as far away from him as possible. "Let me go! I'm going home." I demanded pushing at his hands trying to free myself. He growled flipping us so that I was lying on the forest floor on my back.

"No." He answered leaning his head down close to my face. I glared at him before turning my face away. Unfortunately, I had turned my face in the direction of his lackeys who were watching us with interest.

"Get off of me." I shoved at his chest. Turning my face back to his I was shocked at how close it was to mine. My hands came up and I intended to push his face away but instead, my hand cupped his cheek. I ran my thumb over his cheekbone before flushing and removing it as though he'd shocked me. In a way he had. Not in the physical sense but mentally I was unprepared for the responses that my body gave to his attentions. I liked to have control and I'd never had any problem being in control around boys before but he was different. And dangerous I decided shoving once more fruitlessly at his chest. I watched his eyes and noticed them drop to my lips. Almost without thinking I lifted my chin a smidgeon making my lips more accessible to him. My gaze searched his and I held my breath waiting to see what he would do. All reasonable thought was lost as he slowly dropped his head so that his lips were a fraction of a breath away from mine. I closed my eyes as he closed the distance pressing his lips to mine. It was a sensual kiss, not one that I expected from such a clearly dominant male. He pressed closer as his teeth nibbled at my lower lip and I gasped opening my mouth for his tongue's invasion. The shock forced my brain to work again and I reluctantly turned my face breaking the kiss. "I don't even know your name." My eyes remained closed and my brow furrowed as all the reasons I shouldn't do that again bombarded my mind. Mainly because we met in the middle of the woods and I'd known him all of five seconds before kissing him.

"Troy, my name is Troy." He murmured his lips feathering kisses along my exposed neck.

" Okay, well Troy please stop doing that." Surprisingly he obliged me. "Okay, now please get off of me and let me up." He once again surprised me and shifted moving to his feet and letting me do the same. Once standing on my own feet I took a step away from him watching carefully to make sure that he didn't follow. "Okay, so I'm going to leave now and if that is a big if, we meet again under normal circumstances, meaning not in the middle of the woods, I wouldn't mind doing that again." I took another step away looking at his lips once more to indicate what I wouldn't mind doing again. This time he followed taking a step towards me. "No, you stay I'm leaving." I decided that if adult wouldn't work treating him like a small child would. I took another step and he matched it then came closer. My heart sped up a notch and I tensed.

"I'm not a dog." He growled.

"Are you sure? Because you growl a lot for a man." The comment slipped out before I could censor myself. The sharp barks of laughter that came from my right reminded me of our audience. I flushed realizing they'd probably seen everything.

"Trust me Doll, I'm all male." His cocky comment had my head swiveling back in his direction.

"In any case, I'm not about to stick around to prove you wrong, I'm about 8 hours overdue from being home." I snapped carefully keeping out of his reach and taking a few cautious steps away from him. He moved remaining the same distance to me as before. Every small movement I made was matched and clearly, this was getting us nowhere. I sighed and stopped squaring my shoulders and meeting his gaze with a fierce glare. His eyes held mine in a hard stare and tension simmered in the open air around us. But he wasn't dropping his gaze and I maintained mine raising a brow as if to say, You're never going to win. When he started to shake and his eyes darkened with anger? I blinked but continued to watch him with curiosity.