Chapter 14 (edited)

"It's lovely to meet you." I made no move to hug or embrace her as I said it.

"No need to be so formal, in this family we don't bother." She laughed turning to her daughters.

"I'm Coral." The youngest sister in his family he'd said. I noted the similar red hair and blue eyes in the heart-shaped face that smiled at me. I said hello and then the next spoke.

"I'm Troy's sister Gwen." A taller brown haired blue eyed female said. Again I said hello and then the other two spoke alternately.

"I'm Troy's sister-in-mating Peyton," a petite brunette with brown eyes.

"And I'm Reese, like Reese Witherspoon, my parents were huge fans, also a sister-in-mating." A leggy blonde with interesting grey-blue eyes.

"I'm assuming you know that I am Troy's mate, Rosabelle. However, my friends call me Rose or Belle so feel free to use those instead." I shyly smiled at them and then preparations were to begin for the party.

"Okay, now that that's done we have much to do girls," The older Morriette ordered and the others set to work, the first thing they did was shove me into a shower with new lingerie and a robe. Once I washed and pampered my body I dried off and put the sexy lacy white bra and panties with gold embellishments, on. Then I covered them with the robe and walked back into the bedroom which had been set up as the central hub for hair and makeup activities in my absence. Gwen ushered me into a chair starting with my hair, I looked at her reflection in the mirror and questioningly eyed her.

"Up or down?"

"Up, I think," I answered eyeing my reflection in the mirror, looking at my hair a wet mass of curls around my face.

"I think up would look lovely." She smiled at me in the mirror reassuringly. I returned it with a small smile of my own relaxing in the chair as she began to blow dry my hair. Once that was done she curled the tangles so that they fell neatly in spiral curls. Then she began to pin pieces back so that my hair resembled a low bun with pieces falling out and some curls framing my face. Then she braided a front piece and tucked it into the messy bun at the back adding a gold hair comb with little flowers made out of emerald-colored jewels. Then I closed my eyes as she sprayed everything with hairspray. When I opened it again I was fascinated with the end result.

"It's beautiful, thank you." I brought a hand up to touch but dropped it staring wide-eyed at my reflection. She laughed.

"It's your hair that's beautiful all I did was enhance it." She insisted putting the rest of her combs and tools back. "You should go to see Reese now, she'll do your makeup." I nodded standing from the vanity chair.

"Thank you," I repeated once more and walked over to see Reese. "I think you're my makeup artist," I stated by way of saying hello.

"I am! Sit, sit." She gushed ushering me with her hands into the chair in front of her. "What's your signature look?" She asked and I stared kind of blankly at her.

"I don't usually wear a lot of makeup, so natural I guess?" I asked looking at her for reassurance. She turned me away from the mirror and stood in front of me.

"Here's what I'm thinking for you, an understated natural eye and a classic red lip."

"Just do what you think is best," I replied. She smiled and nodded getting out the things she needed to complete the look. "Just not too much makeup." I amended for her. Her only response was to smile and start on my face. I closed my eyes letting her work trying not to blink when she worked on my eyes. As I sat in silence I heard a knock on the door,

"Peyton?"

"Reese?" Two voices hesitantly called at the door and the two females in question shared an exasperated look between them before slowly opening the door just a bit.