Chapter 13 (edited)

When I woke the second time the sun was shining brightly through the window. I groaned and nuzzled my face into the pillow I was pressed against. When it moved I jerked but grumbled too sleepy to care. The shaking that ensued caused me to move my head glaring at him.

"What are you laughing at?" I mumbled angrily.

"You." He kissed my forehead and laughed. I just grumbled some more nuzzling back into his neck.

"How can you be so happy in the morning?" I mumbled against his neck.

"I'm with you." I could practically feel the smirk on his face. "How can you be so grumpy?"

"I hate mornings."

"Really? I couldn't tell."

"I can feel you smirking and I don't like it," I said pressing further into his chest.

"Come on let's get up I have to take you over to the pack house this morning, mother's orders."

"Nooo...five more minutes." He started moving away and I groaned in protest.

"Come on Sleeping Beauty up and at 'em." His arms came around my waist picking me up off the bed. He started carrying me.

"Where are we going? And why am I not walking there?" I asked looking around sleepily.

"Because."

"Is not a reason or an explanation," I said in argument.

"It is right now."

"No, no it's not." I squirmed looking at him waking up now.

"So you'll wake up to argue with me?"

"No, I'm only awake cause you were my pillow and now you're up so I am too, Although not quite." I looked pointedly at my feet and then at him. He just smirked. "Your face is going to get stuck like that." I poked my tongue out at him.

"That's it." He growled playfully.

"What? What's it?" I asked concerned. He walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower. "No, no no. Put me down right now."

"Okay," he dropped me in the shower and cold water sprayed down my back. I gasped jumping out of the shower and landing against him.

"That is not funny." I slapped his chest with the backside of my hand. I pulled the drenched tee shirt away from my body. "I don't have anything else to wear," I whined glaring at him.

"So don't wear anything."

"To meet your family? I should just go naked?" I shook my head exasperated. He reached under the sink and grabbed a towel which he handed to me. I took it wiping my wet face and drying my hair. Then I shimmied out of the pants I forgot to take off before falling asleep last night. They were drenched and would take hours to dry. I secured the towel around my waist and slid it up under the tee shirt securing it before taking the tee shirt off and throwing it on top of the jeans. I shivered from the cold air and the realization that the only protection I had was in the form of a towel which could easily be ripped from my body at any time. I snuck a peek at him through my lashes. He was staring at my towel clad form. I cleared my throat. "Clothes, please."

"I don't know I kind of like that on you." His eyes darkened which I was coming to realize was a sign of his lust.

"Yes well, I can't meet your family in a towel either." My sensibilities wouldn't allow it. He stepped towards me reaching for my waist. I sidestepped his grasp and made a run for the bedroom. He followed me as I ducked into the walk-in closet.

"What are you doing?"

"Finding clothes," I answered distracted looking at the men's clothing hanging. "Where do you keep your tee shirts?"