Chapter 6 (edited)

I blinked at the information.

"I'm sorry what?" I know that I'd heard him wrong and there was no way he'd said what I thought.

"You are my mate." I opened my mouth to say something, but I realized I had nothing to say in response to that.

"I have to go." Was the first thing I said. "I need some time to process this." Turning I started walking away.

"Wait, Rosabelle." I heard him come after me.

"I just...need time," I repeated not stopping. Instead, I started moving faster, walking away.

"At least let me drive you back to the diner." A few long strides and he had caught up to me.

"That's okay I have somewhere else to be."

"Well, I'll take you there then."

"If it's all the same to you I'd rather walk." He grabbed my arm pulling me to the side.

"And if it's not all the same to me?" I watched him, his jaw tense and his eyes stoic, and then sighed.

"Then I guess you could drive me back to the diner." I conceded.

"Good. Let's go." His face cleared again into a calm expression, almost happy. He continued walking and I followed. Troy opened the door for me again and I got in. We rode back to the diner in silence. When we finally pulled up I got out without saying anything. "Hey, wait!" He followed getting out of the vehicle and coming around to the side where I was standing.

"I still need some time, and I think that I need to talk to my brother," I said looking up at him, leaning against the car.

"That sounds like a good plan."

"I thought so," I answered. "I have to go though, I'm kind of on a schedule."

"When can I see you again?"

"I'm always around." I indicated the diner with my head.

"Okay." I held my breath watching his eyes. Waiting to see what he would do. I knew that I wanted him to kiss me again. I wish I knew what he wanted to do.

"You know that girl that you met in the woods?" I asked thinking of something.

"Yeah?" He smiled.

"Well, I remember her saying that if she met you again under different circumstances she'd like to do 'that' again."

"I remember that too. In fact, I remember thinking she was the most beautiful girl. Do you know where I could find that girl?" He teased.

"Okay, you can leave now." I pushed at his chest. He smiled pulling me closer.

"Are you sure?" His head dipped lower stopping just a breath away from my lips.

"I don't know." I breathed lifting my face higher to press my lips to his. He took over from there raising his hands to my face and tilting my head so he had better access. He nipped at my lower lip and I opened my mouth to his tongue's invasion. Battling for control I pressed my lips harder against his. He growled the sound vibrating against my hands on his chest. I ceded quickly willing to let him dominate the kiss. When he finally broke it leaning his forehead against mine I moved one of my hands off his chest and placed it over my lips feeling the tingly sensation his kiss left. I dropped it, "Okay, now I really have to go."

"Yes, you do." The angry male voice that I recognized so well had me closing my eyes. I stepped around Troy's body facing off with my brother and his friends who I'd met once before when they showed up at our house.