Chapter 4 (edited)

"Okay, Sam let's go." I lifted the heavy trash bag and opened the back door. She followed shutting off the lights and locking the door. We carried the trash to the bins and then wandered in the direction of the street.

"See you later!" She called heading in the opposite direction towards her house.

"Bye!" I called following the streetlights to my house. I stayed close to the street and well away from the alleys wary of their pitfalls. I glanced over my shoulder catching a glimpse of someone moving. I stopped turning back and staring into the darkness. Taking a step forward I peeked around the corner into the alley. It was empty. "This is stupid," I growled lowly to myself and started walking again. Coming up to the house I searched my pockets for the house keys. When I couldn't find them I stopped searching all of my pockets more frantically and finally looking at the ground around me thinking I might have dropped them. "You've got to be kidding me!" I groaned in frustration slamming my hand against the door. The locked door.

"Need a hand?" a familiar voice called from the street. I leaned my forehead against the door closing my eyes and reopening them before turning around.

"No, I'm fine." I crossed my arms over my chest and glanced past Troy's head to the street. "What are you doing here?" I demanded.

"Well, I remember some girl I met in the woods mentioning if we met again under different circumstances she might like to do 'that thing' again." He came closer stopping at the bottom of the stairs.

"Oh yeah? That was before you abandoned me in the woods." I held my ground and grit my molars together.

"I didn't..." He trailed off not finishing his sentence.

"You didn't what? Leave me to fend for myself surrounded by a pack of wolves? Because I was there and you did, you all did. So I suggest you leave now because it's my turn. Except I'm not abandoning anything I'm kicking you off my lawn." The anger was something that my higher brain function could hold onto and use to overpower the insane urge to run down the stairs and throw myself into his arms.

"Fine I thought you needed a hand but clearly I was wrong." He growled.

"Not every girl is a damsel in distress," I muttered to myself as the familiar Disney line from Hercules filtered through my mind. I'm a damsel, I'm in distress. I can handle this.

"What was that?" He turned back to me.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" My head turned as Robert came from the alley behind the house. He turned on me, "Get inside now."

"Umm..." I started gesturing to the door.

"I said inside now!" He barked out. I backed towards the locked door standing with my back to it.

"But-!"

"God Dammit Rosabelle! For once in your life listen to me."

"Okay, I would but..."

"Stop yelling at her." Troy snarled.

"Don't tell me how to talk to her, and while you're at it get the hell off my property." Robert turned on him and stalked closer.

"Robert!" I called. "Stop it."

"Go inside! Now!"

"I can't," I yelled back at him. "I can't go inside I'm locked out, hence why I'm still standing here watching you idiots talk about me as if I can't hear you." I snapped jogging down the stairs to stand between them. Robert reached into his pocket and pulled out his keys thrusting them at me. He put his hands on my shoulders and physically turned my body to face the house.