Chapter 12 (edited)

I closed my eyes as his lips crashed down on mine and my hands snaked their way up his chest to touch his face, cupping his cheeks. He moved closer to me and used his arms to guide my upper body down onto the bed. Troy moved over me keeping his mouth on mine, in a sensual slow lingering kiss. When his hands moved from my waist up towards my breasts I broke the kiss.

"I thought we weren't doing anything."

"We're not." His mouth moved kissing my chin and down my neck. His hands continuing their methodical movements towards my tee shirt clad breasts and I reached down stopping his movements.

"I think we should stop." He hovered over me looking concerned.

"What's wrong?" I pushed him up and sat up with him.

"We shouldn't do anything." The reason was the first that came to my mind and I went with it.

"We were just kissing." He said confused.

"I know." My eyes darted away, back to his, and away again.

"Then what's wrong."

"Nothing, it's nothing. I'm just going to go for a walk." I slid off the bed carefully evading his grasp and quickly walking down the stairs and slipping outside. I heard him call my name from the top of the stairs. I didn't respond closing the door softly and patting Nonnie as I walked off the porch. She followed me out into the yard as I crossed my arms under my bust and looked up. The open sky soothed my senses. It was dark but the moon was out and the sky was clear so I could see rather well. I wandered out farther feeling the cool air brush over the bare skin of my arms and through the thin fabric of my borrowed tee shirt. I walked towards the trees almost without thought. When a man came out of the trees and I recognized the dark brown hair and familiar physique I walked towards him.

"How did you....?" I looked behind me at the house spinning back and forth between him and the house. "What is happening?"

"I'm kind of offended that you don't know who I am." The voice was different it wasn't Troy. I took a step away.

"Who are you?" I asked. Nonnie growled sticking close to my side. "Have we met somewhere before? Also, why are you in the trees at night? That's weird. And where did you even come from? Narnia?"

"Enough!" He barked after I barraged him with questions. I stopped talking pressing my lips together. I waited for him to answer any of the questions I'd asked but he didn't.

"So, sorry but who are you?" I tentatively asked and he glared. "Sorry." The answer came from behind me, the direction of the house.

"Greyson!" It was welcoming and surprised. Troy came up beside me and put his arm around my shoulders. Greyson, presumably his brother noticed. "What are you doing here?" They did that weird bro hug thing. Where they clasped hands and engaged in a one-armed hug. Strange ritual it was, and even stranger two grown men doing it. Once they pulled apart Troy pulled me against his side tugging an arm around my waist. I pasted on a nervous smile for Greyson.

"I came back to visit the family and they said you were out here. However, they didn't mention you bringing a friend." He looked questioningly at me.

"Oh, Greyson this is my mate, Rosabelle." Troy squeezed my side. "Rosabelle, this is my twin brother, Greyson."

"Hi," I waved a hand absently. Something about him struck me as odd. The way he appeared from nowhere, the weird sensation I got when he was around. Also, the disconcerting way he addressed me. "It's nice to meet you officially."

"You as well." He answered his eyes appraising me. Then a phone rang. He pulled a cell phone out of his jean pocket and looked at it. "I have to go but I'll see you tomorrow at the party?" Greyson addressed Troy before he let his gaze flicker over me. Again I felt like he was appraising me.