Chapter 24 (edited)

~ Rosabelle ~

Waking in the evening I yawned and stretched pushing against the bed.

"Feel better, baby?" I jumped slightly feeling Troy's arms around my waist.

"Yeah." I looked at him over my shoulder.

"Good." He leaned down and pressed a kiss to my forehead. Then he pulled me closer and rested his chin above my head. I sighed content to lay in his embrace all night.

"How long was I out?" I asked him gently rubbing my thumb over his arm.

"A few hours." I hummed a response. A few hours was not that long but longer than most days these past few weeks. "Do you want to go for a run?" He surprised me with the question.

"I don't know." I thought about it. Mostly I was terrified to be trapped as an animal if any of those beasts came back for me. "I want to train with the other females."

"Rosabelle, I don't want to start this argument again." He sighed. I rolled over looking into his eyes.

"Then just agree with me. You know it makes sense." I frowned as his eyes glazed into a look I'd come to know so well. Reaching out I touched his face softly and waited.

"I don't want to see you hurt again."

"Then please let me do this." I implored. "It's right and I know that I can handle it. Please, I need something to do I can't possibly sit around all day doing nothing."

"If you go to the appointment with the therapist I will help you train, both as a human and a wolf." I wanted to squeal with joy but I was terrified to be a wolf and even more terrified to talk to a stranger.

"Fine, deal." He smiled.

"Your appointment is tomorrow at 3:00." I groaned softly.

"I'll be there." He kissed me on the lips briefly. "I also want to talk to you about school."

"What about it?" He seemed surprised that I could think about school

"I have only this semester left although I've been missing for most of it so I don't think it's worth going back to." I paused. "I want to finish, however, so I think I'll take summer classes online and then take my diplomas in the fall."

"That sounds sensible." He nodded along with my thoughts.

"I've brought my computer from my house along with some other things." That reminds me I needed to bring the rest of the boxes in. "There are some boxes in my jeep I have to get." I started to move but he settled me down keeping me still against his body.

"Someone else will take care of it, just rest." I didn't want to rest anymore my body was so used to minimal sleep and after two hours I wanted to do something. Something so I wouldn't have to think.

"I can't sleep any longer," I admitted. He rubbed my back soothingly and shushed me holding my head against his chest. I listened to the steady rhythm of his heart pressing closer to him. For this moment I didn't have to think about anything other than his heart beating.

******

"Welcome, I'm Dr. Andrews, I understand you had a difficult experience would you like to start with that?" I watched as the middle-aged woman sat across from me at her desk while I sat in the chair on the other side. She was wearing a skirt suit with a blouse and had her blonde hair pulled neatly into a bun at the back of her head. Small square glasses sat atop her nose framing her deep blue eyes. She waited expectantly while I stared at her trying to figure out why I was here.

"No," I whispered. "I don't want to discuss it." She blinked surprised and then shifted her papers lying in a neat stack in front of her.

"Alright is there something that you would be willing to talk about?"