Chapter 15 (edited)

"Oh, there you are!" Mrs. Morretti placed a hand on Troy's arm garnering both of our attention. "Come, my dear, meet the rest of your family."

"Okay, but I think we're bringing a tag-a-long," Troy answered looking at the baby in my arms.

"I can still meet people with a baby in my arms," I said moving to the general direction she came from.

"Of course you can dear." She smiled brilliantly at me and led the way towards the group of people who all resembled Troy and her in some way.

"Your family?" I whispered to Troy and he nodded with a grin. As we approached the group turned so that I was facing an array of Auburn and brunette haired people along with the mates of those standing there in an array of hair colors and physiques. I hastily threw my gaze back down to baby Charlotte who was still blissfully asleep. In that moment I was the center of attention again meeting everyone.

"Everyone I'd like you to officially meet Rosabelle, my mate." His hand slid easily around my waist and I shifted leaning into him subtly for support and encouragement. My eyes flicked up to his face and saw that he was smiling down at me. His hand also squeezed my hip as I returned a small smile. Charlotte fussed a bit and my attention quickly turned back to her as I slowly rocked her shushing in a soothing tone. When she settled I looked back up at everyone. The mates were holding each other and looking on with loving eyes.

"Sorry for the distraction," I indicated Charlotte with my head, " it appears someone can't not be the center of attention, it's lovely to meet you." I smiled as everyone laughed and then introduced themselves.

"Rose this is my mate Xander," Gwen was the first to introduce her tall blonde blue-eyed mate. He nodded in respect.

"Luna, it's a pleasure."

"Rose is fine, it's lovely to meet you as well." He nodded again and I noted that he wasn't much of a talker. I wondered at his role in the pack, was he a guardian? It would make sense given his non-communicative state and his physique.

"You've already met my mate, Reese, and I'm Wyatt." An auburn haired man with green eyes smiled at me. I returned it in earnest.

"Ah yes, the famous Wyatt and that would make you Colton." I turned to the dark haired blue eyed man holding Peyton. He laughed and nodded. I liked both of them immediately, they shared a similar demeanor of calm and easy-going.

"Very intuitive." I shrugged.

"It's not hard when you're one of the last to be introduced."

"And speaking of," Mrs. Morretti spoke up and I turned my attention back to her. "This is my mate and Troy's father Nathaniel." I looked up at the stoic older version of my mate, so similar in looks apart from the grey at his temples and his blue eyes. Troy's mom smiled at him and his face softened into a look of adoration showing his empathetic side. Charlotte fussed again and I softly hummed to her swaying a bit and her eyes opened. She started to scrunch her face into a cry and I continued to sway cooing softly to her.

"Charlotte, pretty girl don't cry. No, it's okay." She let out a small whimper in the beginning of a fit and I continued. "I know I'm not mommy, but I promise I'm just as nice." I used my baby voice and she stopped looking at me before breaking into a baby smile and cooing back in baby babble. I smiled brilliantly back clucking to her. Satisfied that she was content once more I turned my face back up to the man I was being introduced to. His face had softened when he looked at me.

"You're very good with pups." He nodded at Charlotte. "That will serve you well as a Luna."

"Thank you." I flushed with his praise and looked down at Charlotte. Then I turned my face up to see my mate looking at me in much the same manner that his father looked at his mother.