}•{ The confusing men

~•} C H A P T E R|13 {•~

Naina's eyes lingered on the bathroom door waiting for him to come out

The moment she saw him entering the room, her mind and body froze. All the things she was mentally prepared to do went inside the drain as her mind became blank seeing his face, the same face void of every emotion after so long.

She came back to her senses hearing the noise of the bathroom door slamming shut but he was gone again. This time inside the bathroom. Though she knew this time he would come back, he had to.

Her body stiffed when she saw the door of the bathroom getting unlocked and he came out in a t-shirt and shorts while his hair was damp indicating he had just taken a shower.

But her sharp eyes didn't miss how exhausted his body looked or how tired his eyes were.

Again the self-guilt enhanced thinking she was the reason for this. She did this to him by her constant senseless whining and stupid demands.

She caused the person she loved deeply, stress. She was the reason he was mentally and emotionally drained.

What kind of lover she was when she couldn't even see his tired form and only nagged about the child without once thinking about him?

No, her love became selfish and this was constantly haunting her mind.

The twisted feeling inside her guts increased making her draw in a sharp breath.

Slowly she peeked towards his direction and found him laying down on the bed, almost on the verge of sleeping.

Her eyes widened in surprise.

No, she couldn't let him sleep before apologizing to him.

She had to become selfish for another time but she couldn't help it.

If she didn't do it now then that feeling would keep expanding making it difficult for her to even breathe without feeling regretful.

Unhurriedly she made her way towards the bed and without thinking twice enclosed her arms around him while keeping her head on his broad chest.

Surprisingly he didn't pull back and let her be there without saying anything.

Slowly she raised her head and her amber eyes met with his dark ones.

And shockingly that little softness it always held for her was still there.

She could feel the sudden lump in her throat forming due to the sudden rush of emotions inside her when he didn't pull back.

Even after whatever she did yesterday.

Even after she accused him of having an affair.

Even after she became the vexatious one.