Chapter 13

Looking at the money she earned, Li Mo was in a good mood. She felt that her business was gradually starting. Her family's situation would get progressively better soon, and they would no longer be poor.

What Li Mo did not expect was that her good mood would be shattered that night.

There was a thunderstorm that night. All of the people were awakened by the thunderbolt, and the rain kept pouring heavily.

When Li Mo and Song Dashan were awake, their bodies and their quilts were already wet. A heavy raindrop poured from their roof. The raindrops leaked through the holes from the thatched roof and slid directly inside their house.

Song Dashan hurriedly jumped out of bed and put on his clothes.

He nudged Xiaobao to wake up and hugged him out of bed. He looked for a corner that was not wet and transferred him there. After settling Xiabao, he hurriedly picked up Li Mo and put her in that corner as well. 

He went back and took the dry part of the quilt and laid it down on the ground for Li Mo and Xiaobao.

When Song Dashan went to Li Mo and Xiaobao to shelter from the rain, he was already soaked.

Xiaobao was not wet from the rain, but Li Mo hurriedly went to the cabinet to find a piece of dry clothes and helped Xiaobao put them on so that Xiaobao wouldn't catch a cold. Li Mo also urged Song Dashan to change clothes.

Song Dashan took the dry clothes and went to the hall to change.

The main house was not much better, it was leaking badly, and there was already water on the ground.

Looking at the leaking roof, Song Dashan sighed deeply.

When he returned, he didn't have a place to live, and he didn't have much money. It just so happened that this house would be sold, but because it was dilapidated, the price was low, and it was suitable for Song Dashan's budget at that time. 

He bought it without much thought. He didn't know that when it rained, leaking water was coming out of the roof.

Song Dashan thought he must repair the house this time. The rainy season was about to come, and their home wouldn't be able to hold on if the house wasn't rebuilt.

Li Mo also thought of this, and she asked, "Brother Dashan, how much does it cost to repair this house?"

Song Dashan estimated the cost in his heart.

"If we only need to repair the roof, I can chop some bamboo trees and get some hay and mud. If we want to find someone to help, we can ask the villagers for help. As long as you pack a lunch at noon, it won't cost us much. It would only cost them more than 300 yuan.

Li Mo breathed a sigh of relief when she heard it. She still has a couple of silver left from the jade they pawned. If it costs a lot to repair the house, there won't be enough money to buy some food.

Song Dashan looked at Li Mo and comforted her: 'Don't worry, tomorrow, I will go to Changbang and ask a few people to help us. I can fix it in just one day. "

Li Mo nodded and planned to boil some water tonight. However, they heard a loud sound, like something was collapsing.

Song Dashan sighed in his heart, he glanced at Li Mo and ran out of the room immediately, and when he went out, he saw the kitchen collapsed.

Li Mo also ran out holding Xiaobao and her heart sank when she saw the messy kitchen.

Song Dashan didn't care about the kitchen; he searched for a sack and put it on Li Mo and Xiabao's heads.