Chapter 16

Putting away her empty purse, Li Mo cheered up, turned her head, and greeted those who helped them build their house.

Yang Lanhua and Li Xiaofeng told the people to come to their house. Li Mo followed them, and she was followed by the silent Song Dashan.

"Li Mo, I... I'm sorry, don't worry, I will go to town to find work after the house is repaired, and I will pay back the money I owe you soon. " Song Dashan spoke after a while.

Li Mo pursed her lips and sighed.

It was impossible to say that she was not angry about this incident. Their family didn't have any money at all. It's better to find money to pay Uncle Zhao for the money he lent to build the house.

The half taels of silver that were supposed to be used for daily spending were gone. They even have debts. But in this era, filial piety was the most important thing. His mother kneeled down to him in front of so many people. 

Was disagreeing even possible? Now that it has become like this, blaming someone will not help them. The money was already gone. Just make money slowly, and after a while, the difficulties will pass.

"Your leg injury is serious. What else are you looking for? Do you think your leg is not broken enough? We will slowly figure out how to make money. " 

Li Mo knows that the rural men of this era would go to the town to find odd jobs, but most of them are manual labor. Carrying sandbags or rice requires great effort. Most people can't do this kind of work, let alone Song Dashan, who has an injured leg.

Song Dashan frowned, "Although my legs are not good, I have strength, it didn't affect work, I can go."

Song Dashan was interrupted by Li Mo before he finished what he was saying, "I disagree with you doing odd jobs, for Xiaobao and Me. You also have to look out for your health seriously, not toss about it. " 

Seeing Li Mo's attitude, Song Dashan frowned fiercely, unable to say anything in his mouth.

Li Mo can understand his decision this time, but she is not a saint, and it is impossible for her to let the Song family suck their blood like a vampire. If Song Dashan was still ruthless towards her and Xiao Bao, then she must think about her next move.

Will she still be able to live with him?

Therefore, Li Mo ignored Song Dashan's feeling of sadness and directly said: "Brother Dashan, I hope this will be the last time. You treat them as a family, but they don't treat you as a family. If we two work hard to make money, but in the end, it will go into other people's pockets, I don't think I have the confidence to live a life like this. So, I hope you can tell me clearly about your attitude towards them. "

Song Dashan was not surprised by Li Mo's words. She was the type of woman who could tolerate sand in her eyes. Song Dashan can see this. He wants to live a good life with her, and he won't let her be wronged by being with him all the time. 

Through today's events, his last expectations of his relatives have also disappeared. He won't let them take advantage of him anymore.

"Li Mo, my father died when I was young. My Mother took care of us alone. When I was young, I thought I must always obey her in the future, but you can rest assured that I won't be softhearted in the future. I will fulfill my duty as a son. I will give everything I should give, but I will not give anything extra.

With Song Dashan's words, Li Mo felt relieved. Sighed.

Although the incident made everyone very unhappy, the workers still brightened their eyes when they saw the lunch meal.