Extra 2

This year's annual children's examination is approaching, and Xiao Bao will take part in this annual children's examination.

Li Mo and Song Dashan did not want to expect too much from him, as long as he tried his best. After all, Xiao Bao was only eleven years old. Even if he fails this time, there will be many more opportunities in the future, and giving it a try would only be an examination experience for him.

Xiao Bao himself was also very calm.

 After packing up the things he needed to bring for the exam, he lightly said: "Mother and Father, you don't have to worry. It does not matter whether I pass the exam or not." After saying that, he took Xiao Fu'er to play.

Li Mo and Song Dashan saw that he was not stressed, so they were also relaxed and sent him to the place of examination in peace.

After the examination, the family didn't care, but when the results came out, Xiao Bao passed and became the Tongsheng.

Li Mo did not expect Xiao Bao to pass the exam on his first try, and she was very happy. She was even happier than in modern times when she got a good score on the college entrance examination. However, the boy's examination was only the first step in the imperial examinations. 

Li Mo did not want to make it too grand so that Xiao Bao would not lose his mind with the praise. Therefore, the exemption was the day the result was announced. They praised Xiao Bao with only two sentences, and the family had a meal. Then they never mentioned it again, as if it was a very ordinary thing.

Xiao Bao also maintained a normal state of mind and continued to read and study seriously every day, just like before.

However, although Li Mo outwardly showed that she did not care, in her heart she had already begun to prepare for the future.

Li Mo had also quizzed Xiao Bao about his studies and knew very well what he could do. She knew that Xiao Bao would not stop here and that his ultimate goal was the capital.

Li Mo privately discussed with Song Dashan that once Xiao Bao went to the capital, they would move there with him, and they did not want him to be separated from the family because he was too young to let him go to the capital alone.

Her plan was that if she did go to the capital, she would reopen a store in the capital and leave the store here to someone who could take care of it with confidence, and Li Mo chose Huzi and Xiao Shu. 

Therefore, after Xiao Bao passed the child examination, she began to take Huzi and Xiao Shu around, teaching them business, teaching them accounting, teaching them to take care of the store.

Huzi and Xiao Shu had long retired from the academy. For them, it was good to know how to read and write. They were not bookish, and they did not have the interest in taking the imperial examination.

Originally, Sister Qin planned to let Huzi find a job in a store in town, but Li Mo stopped her and told her what she intended to do. When she learned that Li Mo intended to train Huzi herself, Sister Qin was overjoyed.

Li Mo laughed and said, "I am training Huzi because one of the reasons is that they can read and write and can count, and the other important reason is that I have watched Huzi grow up, and I am satisfied with his character and behavior."

Sister Qin kept promising, "This kid will do a good job. I'll watch him. If he dares to be lazy, I'll break his legs. If you have anything to do, just tell him to do it. Don't be polite to him."

Meizi was also very willing to let Xiao Shu suffer, and let Xiao Shu follow Li Mo to learn well. Therefore, Li Mo had two more hardworking young men.

In the second year, Xiao Bao took the examination and once again passed with flying colors, becoming a twelve-year-old junior scholar and the youngest scholar in town.