Chapter 3: Bondita hits her soft target

Bondita came into the common room with Dalia.
"So Bondita it's our place.."
There were other girls and boys of the so-called "cool" category. All shook hands with her. Ankita sighed in disgust and rolled her eyes.
"So guys this is our new teammate... She also is of our types but" now Dalia made a mimic "she doesn't harass the weak.. She has a different choice of SOFT TARGET and I don't know what type it is"
Bondita smiled and exchanged some cool and savage words.
The topper boy entered the room. One boy just hit on his head.
"Hey chasmish" teased the boy
Bondita looked at the boy with anger. Well to impress the beautiful girl he left the topper boy, Ritwik, and behaved as if he just did a little fun.

Slowly the gang started to gossip and the gossip gained high peach. Ankita covered her ears with her hands and made a face of disgust. She knows very well there is no help telling these guys to be quiet and so she tried to concentrate on her book.

"WHAT'S THE MATTER GOING ON HERE!" A loud deep tone made the whole environment pin-drop silent. The boys who were sitting on the bench slowly slipped down and sat decently on the chair like a good boy.

The cold stare looked around the room through his spectacles.
"Dalia...." He called coldly
"Yes Anirudh da" Dalia gulped
"Who gave you and your FRIENDS the right to shout at the top of their voices"

"Article 14 of Part 3 of the Indian Constitution" Bondita gave a sharp reply pinching one nail with the other and giving a "savage cool" look at him.

All looked at Bondita with a shocked faces.
"What?"
"Yes, the Indian Constitution gives us the Fundamental right and this is the common room SO you have no RIGHT to rule over us here Mr Chasmish"

Dalia's breathe stuck on her throat. Ankita slapped her forehead. One boy hid his face behind his palms one looked up as if he don't know who this girl is.

Anirudh gave a blood cold stare at her. Dalia gulped.
"Anirudh da, actually she's new"
Anirudh raised his hand and stopped Dalia
"So, you girl.."
"My name is Bondita, Bondita Das"
"So Ms. Bondita Das, do you know what consequence you can face for your misbehaviour"
"Bondita is never afraid, to tell the truth, this is the common room, not the LIBRARY and so we are not bound to keep quiet here"
Dalia hold her shoulder "Bondita stop" she whispered
"No, I'll not stop, Mr. Humpty dumpty have no right to rule over us here"
"Mr What?"
"Humpty Dumpty, I give a unique name to every unique personality I meet"
"Oh I see, that's very cool" Anirudh replied in a sarcastic tone
"Yes, Bondita is Cool" Bondita moved her hair locks with her fingers.
Anirudh moved two steps back and moved back to go out of the room.

There was pin-drop silence in the room. Dalia took a breath.
"What did you just do Bondita?!"
"Hit my SOFT TARGET"
"What?! Is this your choice of soft target?!"
"This girl will get us killed" exclaimed a boy
"You guys are a real Coward and stupid"
"What?! We are Coward?!" The words hit the boy's esteem much.
"Yes you are"
The boy, Jimmy, took a deep breath and expanded his chest.
"Let Mr Anirudh Roy Choudhury come I'll show him"
"What will you show ?" A happy simple face asked from behind.
Jimmy's chest shrunk.
"Dev da... Dev da, nothing, we were just joking, please don't tell Anirudh da" Jimmy fell on Devendra's feet.
"Hey wait what are you doing.. Get up.. I'll not tell.. Get up"

"Coward" Bondita smiled
"Enough Bondita" scolded Ankita, "do you know who Anirudh da is? He's the Captain of this College, he can throw you out if here if he wants to"
"He'll not don't worry" smiled Dev
"But Dada, she is just jumping into the tiger's cage"
"Tiger's cage" Dev smiled again then put his hand on Bondita's shoulders "so, Bondita, right?"
Bondita shook her head like an obedient girl. His touch gave her the feeling of a big brother.
"Why are you going into trouble with Anirudh?"
"He behaves like Humpty Dumpty... So I.." Bondita replied like a kid
"Humpty Dumpty!" Dev smiled
"Yes, that's the name I gave him."
"You gave him?"
"Yes"
Dev smiled at her and patted her shoulders. He moved back to leave but looked back again.
"I warn you again, don't go into trouble with him, he'll get you scolded"
"Bondita is not afraid"
"Well," Dev gave a smile and left.

********************

"Where are you going Anirudh?"
"To the Principal"
"Why?"
"To complain about that common room girl, I told you na Dev"
"Bondita, Yes, You told me" Dev gave a sarcastic smile at him
"Now why are you looking at me like that"
"No, actually, you don't talk about girls na, that's why...."
"Now don't dig out second meaning from this please, she's a very mischievous girl and she needs to be punished. I'll make her hold her ears and say sorry infront of the whole College."
"Ohh... The little girl hit Nawab Babu's esteem"
"She isn't a little girl"
"Yes of course she's not little otherwise you don't..."
Anirudh gave a cold stare at him and stopped his chatter.
"Now you are looking at me like this too? I was just joking"
"Your joke is not funny"
"Now come on Anirudh, smile atleast, don't always be this grumpy, Bondita's Humpty dumpty"
Anirudh looked at him, "you know Dev very well that Anirudh never smiles, yes he's Humpty dumpty, happy now?"
"Don't kill yourself on inside like this Anirudh, enjoy your life a bit"
"Anirudh is not alive, Anirudh was never alive, Anirudh has no life, Anirudh Roy Choudhury is the crown prince, who is Rules over everyone, is bound by responsibilities and is the slave of King's orders." Anirudh's eyes became teary. He moved his face and paced fast towards the Principal's room.

Devendra stood there and sighed.