Chapter 4: Inside out

At Principal's room
"It very unfortunate Prof. Biswas, the girl is new in this college and she dares to talk roughly with Anirudh?!"
Anirudh looks down and then looks up at both.
"She's new that's why I think she dared Sir, the girl is good at studies as I saw, and also she doesn't disturb the weak ones like Dalia and her gang do."
"Hmm.. it's just been a day, you never know what she can do later, Dalia too never dares to talk roughly with Anirudh, he's the College Captain, if she dares to go against him then she can do anything, no Prof Biswas I can't let discipline of my college being broken, call her"
An evil smile of victory appeared on Anirudh's face but he hid it instantly.

"May I come in Sir", Bondita asked for permission in a low tone.
" Yes come in"
She slowly entered the room and looked at Principal and Prof. Biswas, then her eyes went towards Anirudh who was also giving a cold stare like the Professors. She felt to punch on his face but she kept her head low.
"So Bondita Das" Principal commented "yesterday was your first day at College and on the first day only you dared to speak over the Captain"
Bondita remained silent.
"There is a rule there is a discipline in this College if you want to be here you will have to abide by it"
"Yes Sir, sorry Sir"
"Say sorry to him" Principal Sir pointed towards Anirudh.
"No Sir, I'll not say sorry to him"
"Hmm.. Arrogance... So I think we should call your Guardian"
"NO SIR" Bondita replied in a shock
"Then hold your ears and say sorry to him"
Bondita was shocked. Now, this is too much. Is he the owner of this College that she will have to... But what to do, if her father comes to know all these then... It's better to do what the Principal is saying rather than getting slapped and scolded by her father.
Bondita looked at Anirudh. She slowly holds her ears in a hesitating manner.
"I'm... I'm sorry"
Bondita looked up at his face. She saw the devil smile hidden behind. Both exchanged a sight of rivalry. Bondita pledged he'll teach this guy a lesson outside the College.

************
"Bondita" Prof. Biswas called her after entering the class
"Yes Sir" Bondita stood up
"Don't repeat this type of mischievous activities again"
"Yes Sir, but Sir.."
"Yes"
"Is he the boss of this College.." Bondita pointed her hand at the door.
All looked at her with shock
Prof. Biswas looked at her in shock and signed Ankita. Dalia and Ankita pulled her down and signed her to keep quiet.

***************
"Is he the boss of this college?!" Bondita asked again while returning from College
"Yes he is" replied Ankita "You know how much money his father gives as donation, and why only money he is first in studies first in sports, he has fabulous managerial efficiency and whatnot"
Bondita looked at Ankita snd squeezed her eyebrows, "Are you crushed over him?"
"Just find out a girl in college who isn't" Dalia commented slapping on her shoulder
"Then why do you guys call him Dada?"
"Because we will never get him in life so better make him your brother" Dalia gave a straight answer.
"Wah?! Really a great sacrifice all make, in this way Mr Humpty Dumpty will remain forever bachelor"
"Who cares?! Who wants a Humpty Dumpty to be their life partner by the way" commented Dalia.
The trio exchanges sights and then breaks into laughter.

*************

Anirudh picked up Batuk from School. As usual, he is telling his story sitting beside his brother in the car. Anirudh is doing "hmm.. Hmm" with a smile.
They reached home.
"Malik"
"Yes Rakhal kaka"
"Bare malik has come"
Anirudh was shocked. He signed Batuk to go to his room and commenced slowly towards the drawing-room. Binoy Roy Choudhury was sitting on the sofa, one leg over the other, with a magazine in front of his eyes.
"Baba" Anirudh called slowly.
Binoy moved the magazine from in front of his eyes. He kept it on the table and got up.
"So how're your studies going on?"
"Fine Baba"
"And how are your brothers?"
"They are ok Baba"
"Where is Somnath?"
Anirudh gulped. Is it that what he's fearing.
"He has gone to tuition"
"Ok, let him come, then I'll talk to you"

***************

Anirudh kept on standing on the balcony keeping an eye on the road. He saw Somnath with some boys at the road bend. He quickly ran downstairs and went towards the road. Somnath was gossiping with his friends.
"Somnath" Anirudh called from behind in his signature cold tone.
All the boys stopped and gulped.
"Dada..."
Anirudh holds Som by his arms.
"Come with me"
He dragged Som down the street
"What did Som do now?" Exclaimed one of the boys.
"God knows" replied another.

Anirudh took Som in a dark corner beneath the stairs.
"Hear Som, it seems Baba has come to know of your doings"
"Baba?! My doings?!"
"You are behaving as if you don't know what you have done!"
"But Baba!"
"He's here"
"What"
"Shh.. Slowly"
"What will happen now, Dada... He'll kill me"
"Be calm listen to me...."
Suddenly the two brothers heard a clapping sound from behind. They looked back in shock. Binoy was standing there clapping his hands.
"Wah, what a scene, elder brother is teaching younger how to get rid of their father"
"No Baba.." Anirudh interfered
"SHUT UP, come to my room you two, immediately"
Som looked at Anirudh. Anirudh gave a helpless stare at him.

**************
"You drank?" Binoy charged at Somnath. Som kept his head low and remained silent. Anirudh too was in the same position.
"And Anirudh you are his elder brother, you didn't tell him anything?!"
"I told him, Baba, he said he will not do this again"
"And you believed?!"
"He didn't do that again Baba so.."
"Again another excuse" Binoy rose his voice-over Anirudh.
Hearing the scolding sounds Batuk slowly approached the door and hugged his teddy tight.
"And from where did Somnath get the money?" Asked Binoy and turned towards Anirudh "Anirudh? From where he got the money?"
Anirudh took a deep breath "I don't know Baba"
Binoy got him by his arms "Anirudh!". Binoy hold his arm tightly and turned it.
It hurt much but Anirudh didn't speak out. Somnath gulped. Batuk hugged his teddy tighter.
" You are lying Anirudh"
Anirudh didn't speak, just tried to free his arms. Binoy freed him.
"Somnath" Binoy turned towards Som and gets him by his hair. "Tell from where you got the money"
"Aah Baba... Baba.."
"Tell..."
Som starts crying "From Dada's wallet"
Binoy left Som.
"Anirudh's wallet?!" He looked at Anirudh, "Anirudh?! I left your brothers on your responsibility and this is how you are carrying it out?! You are hiding your brother's fault?!"
"I'm not hiding their fault, Baba.."
"I don't want to hear a word further from you" Binoy pointed his finger towards Anirudh. "I'll send Somnath to Hostel"
"Baba he will not do that again"
"Shut up, this is your last year here, next year you will go to London, then both your brothers will be sent to the hostel only, but how will you manage the Company when you manage your brothers only"
Anirudh lowered his head and started taking deep breaths. Binoy continued to bash him on how unsuccessful elder brother he is. Anirudh tightened his fist in anger.

*****************
Anirudh sat on his Study chair and rested his head on his hands.
"Dada.." Batuk approached from behind. Anirudh looked back. "You will go? How will I sleep without you?"
Anirudh took him up in his arms and hugged him tightly.
"Who said I'll go.. I'll not go anywhere" Anirudh's eyes became moist.

****************

Batuk is asleep. Anirudh sat on the bed beside him and caressed his hair. Somnath slowly enters the room.
"Dada.."
Anirudh got up and went towards the window
"I can't help Som, you go, in hostel, you'll be fine.. I'll not be here to look after you, it's better to go to hostel than be a slave to that man here, you will get friends in Hostel, you can enjoy, just keep your ethics on place and remember what Ma taught us"
"Dada will you really go abroad? Don't you want to study Law?"
"I don't think this slave's wish be granted" Anirudh sighed.
"And Batuk? He can't live without you, he'll go half dead sobbing for you"
Anirudh closed his eyes n took a deep breath.
"Why do I care, he has his father, let him care"
"You know na he doesn't care"
"What can I do, will I do babysitting of this kid the whole life?"
"Dada?! He's our brother"
"He's our no one, he's the son of Our father's wife, who hated us, who wanted to throw us out"
"Dada, why are you behaving like this, what fault does he has? And moreover, I know you love Batuk more than yourself"
"That's just a mere attachment, nothing else"

Som sighed. He knew his brother is angry. He slowly left the room.

Anirudh wiped his tears and went to bed. He tried to look at Batuk with the hateful eyes he had for his mother. Batuk changed side with his teddy and rolled towards Anirudh pushing his head into his chest. Suddenly all his hate drained down like a waterfall and a smile appeared on his face. He hugged Batuk and slowly went to the land of sweet slumber.