Chapter 10: The strange meeting

The letter have broke Anirudh's heart into pieces. He looked at the letter again. A letter from Saurav informing Bondita is DEAD. No one ever found her. They say she died in the fire. Her mother and sister's body was recovered but no one found her. He informed how he's thriving holding their child. Sampurna was pregnant so she went to her mother's. Her delivery was done. He was going to take her when he was startled to see the house burning. The baby was saved in a miraculous way as if some angel had come and put him in a secure place. Villagers said Bondita was inside the house. They burned the house intentionally to kill her because some damn Baba said that higher education of her brought ill fortune to the village.

Anirudh sighed. He'll have to forget her. He looked at Batuk rolling on the bed. He'll not sleep till he cuddles him.

The morning light fell on Anirudh's eyes breaking his slumber. He opened his eyes and found a strange soft weight on him. Rubbing his eyes he found out that it's his brother resting his head on his chest. Anirudh tried to move him but the little cottonball cuddled on his chest. This cuddles give him a different level of peace. He looked at the clock. It's already 7 30... he needs to be quick. Anirudh forcefully placed Batuk over a big pillow and gave a put a big teddy on his place. Batuk started cuddling the teddy.

Anirudh took got the things ready. He arranged Batuk's school bag, went down to check if his tiffin is ready. Then had his bath.

"Batuk wake up...." Anirudh came out of the bathroom with messy wet hair and Bathrobe.
Batuk cuddled the teddy in sleep.
"Batuk..."
"Ummmmm"
"Batukkk..." Anirudh went and picked him up. He took him to the bathroom and made him bath. He cleaned him with a dry towel. Batuk hugged his brother in sleep.
"Wake up now... how can you stay asleep even after bath..."
"Umm hmmmm"
"WAKE UP" scholded Anirudh
Batuk opened his eyes in shock. Anirudh tied his tie and combed his hair.

There was a knock at the door.
"Come in"
A maid came in but soon closed her eyes. Anirudh forgot that he was standing wearing just a bathrobe. He got a bit ashamed but he's the boss.. he needs to manage.
"Yes" hesitated Anirudh
"Sir, I came to get Batuk babu ready..." the maid informed looking at the other side
"No need I'll look after him..."
"Sir, his Nanny will come today"
"Alright...."

The two brothers arrived at the breakfast table. Anirudh had his seat. Batuk crawled on his lap.
"Batuk take your seat..."
Batuk ignored the order and sat comfortably on his brother's lap. Anirudh took him up and placed him on his seat.
"You will seat here and have your food yourself" Anirudh ordered in a firm but low tone.

Batuk understood he can't take him for granted. He recalled how Anirudh used to scold him when he went disobedient before. But he knows he loves him so his scoldings are not as harmful as his Hitler father. But still Batuk is scared of his scoldings because he's the one who loves him the most.

Manager was standing near the car.
"Sir, some labourers are protesting outside the Office."
"Why??" Anirudh asked while ascending Batuk in the car. He himself took the driver's seat and instructed Manager to take the seat beside him. Batuk rested his back on the back seat and puffed his face. That seat should have been his.
"Sir, there are some rumours that a specific group is being given more facilities than the others.."
"What?!"
"Yes Sir..."
"But there is no groupism in the company"
"These people are not trying to understand that fact Sir... If you give permission then I can say another truth"
"Proceed"
"They are taking you lightly... they would have no courage to do this if Binoy Babu was here...."
"Oh... I see... "

"Everyone fears Ravan.." a little voice came from behind.

Manager and Anirudh looked back to see a little red puffed face looking at them.
"Batuk..." Anirudh scolded in a deep tone. Though by heart he agreed to him.
"Why are you scolding me?? First you gave my seat to someone else now why are you scolding me.." complained Batuk.
Anirudh looked at Manager. Manager realised that he's the intruder.
"We had some important discussion Batuk.." informed Anirudh in a sweet tone
Batuk showed his little pink tongue. Anirudh made an angry face but Batuk didn't seem to care and moved his face the other side.