Chapter 8: But life has to go on

"Bondita... go to the mansion and give your jamai dada the tiffin" instructed Sampurna
"Okhey didi..."
"And hear.. wear some decent clothes.. not this men like ones"
"MEN LIKE?!"
"Wear that salwar..."
"No didi please..."
"Do as I say... you'll look good.."

Bondita never liked to style up. She wore that high neck salwar. She hate fluffy pants so skinny churi pants were stitched by her mother for her. The peach pink salwar was looking gorgeous on her.
"Now don't tell me to take this dupatta.."
Sampurna put the thin smooth dupatta on her. Tied her open hair on back with a small clip.
"Now my sister looks alright"
Bondita sighed.

As Bondita reached by the huge mansion she was mesmerised. A big gate opening to a large lawn.
"Whom do you want?" Questioned the guard.
"I want to meet Saurav Munsi... I have brought lunch for him.."
"You are his?? I never saw you before.."
"I'm his sister.... in law..."
"Oh I see... go in... he'll be in the office.."

Bondita went in dancing. She entered the huge hall room and got blinded. She got hold of a servant.
"Where is the office room?"
"That way...."

Bondita went dancing into the room with a huge glass door. But she halted. Saurav is there.. his head is low.. he's standing infront of a man in black blazer.

"I want this work to be completed on time... understand.." the man ordered roughly.
"Yes sir.."

The man turned back. A grumpy man in spectacles made chills ran down Bondita's spine. Saurav was shocked to see her there.
"Who are you?!" Asked Binoy in a cold tone.
"I..... I...... food....... Bon...." murmured Bondita
"She's my sister sir" Saurav intervened
"Hmm... why is she here?.."
"Lunch" Bondita gulped.
"Hereafter bring your lunch from home.." instructed Binoy
"Yes Sir."
"Give it and leave..."

Binoy's rough approach made her feel bad. She kept the tiffin on the table and looked at Saurav. He signed her to leave.

"Baba the papers are done.." Anirudh entered the room. He halted for a while seeing Bondita there. Bondita pretended not to know him.
"You did it?"
"No baba... Som only did it.."
"Don't lie... always defending your brothers.. where you'll teach them.. but here you are..."
"He's too young for these accounts Baba.."
"Shut up... you needn't teach me.."

Anirudh became quite. Bondita looked at him. He's clearly feeling insulted and trying to hide tears behind his grumpy face.
Batuk starts crying.
"See why he's crying..." instructs Binoy
"Sister is there....."
"So what.. do you have no responsibilities.."

This hurt Bondita too. She knows how much he loves and cares for his brothers.
"And take this papers and let Somnath do it my himself...." Binoy turned towards Bondita "hey girl.. why you are still here.. I told you to leave right?"

Bondita left without a word or any greeting expression.
"The girl is very arrogant" commented Binoy.
Anirudh and Saurav just felt like rolling their eyes but they didn't.

"What's the matter Batuk?" Anirudh entered his room.
"Som dada took my chocolate"
"Somm..."
"I didn't take it Dada... it was just kept there.." Som defended.

Anirudh tried to calm them down.

"What's happening??" The cold loud voice calmed everyone down. "Anirudh what are you doing here for so long?"
"Baba they were fighting so...."
"So? Can't you just scold them and make them hear to you... why don't they obey you.. always defending them for their odd deeds... Somnath now you dare to make your dada do the account works... you will sit beside me and do it..."
Somnath trembled.
"Baba... he needs to learn..." Anirudh defended.
"Why didn't you make him learn for so long?? Now come with me... meeting time is near.."