Chapter 7: The accidental meeting

Bondita and company was standing before the Principal's desk. Anirudh is standing beside it.
"So you people got so much over?!" Commented Principal angrily.
"We didn't intent to do it Sir, we were just helping him to come out of the puddle" Bondita replied in a low tone
"Anirudh, what did you see there?" Asked Principal
"The grass was tied in line Sir, and the puddle was also intentionally made, it wasn't there before" answered Anirudh
"Believe me Sir we didn't intent to do it with Rahul..." insisted Bondita
"So, you didn't INTENT to do it with RAHUL.... it means you did INTENT to do it with someone else?!" Principal spoke in a sarcastic tone.
Bondita kept quite. She gave a look at Anirudh.
"Bondita, you are really good at studies, but that can't save you... you and your friends are suspended till the vacations... you are only allowed to come after the vacation. I'll call up your gurdian and hand over the notice of suspension" commanded Principal
"No Sir, please Sir... don't call my father... " requested Bondita
"Rule is rule... punishment is punishment.."

"Why did that chasmish ran towards here?!" Wandered Raj
"He's also in crush with Bondita" informed Dalia.
"Will you guys please keep quiet... he will call up Baba... I just can't...." Bondita tried to hold her tears back.
"It's just 7 days... after that vacation will start... " informed Dalia
"Why can't you understand... the suspension span is not my concern... Baba knowing it all is my concern..."

The next day.
"Bondita.. your father has come..." informed the warden.
Bondita went to the room slowly.

"So you started again" Her father commented in a cold tone.
Bondita stooped down her head.
"Pack your things... "

Bondita went up and packed.
"Is he very angry?" Asked Ankita.
"Obviously"
"Ok bye... take care"

Bondita's father dragged her into the house.
"Look at your daughter... how much I'll try tell me... always mischievous things go on in her mind." Mr. Das indicated at her Mother.
"It was your wish to sent her to the city.."
"So what... she is old enough to behave herself... she have to understand we are not rich enough to give donations and keep our place... she needs to behave herself."
Bondita stood quietly. Her father came and twisted her ears.
"Tell me what was the need of doing that mischief? Your teacher told It's not the first time.."
"Baba it hurts..."
"Shut up..."
"I'll not do this again..."
"It's for the infinite time you are telling this.."
"Please Baba.."
"Come..." her father dragged her to her room. "You will be locked in this room for the whole course.."
"Baba..."
"And I'll now have to teach you how to be obedient"
Her father closed the door with a bang. Bondita got up and changed. Then sat with a book by the window. These punishments are nothing for her. Her mother came in with the food.
"Why do you do this?"
"Because it's fun Ma... just this time it hit the wrong number... we didn't aim to hurt Rahul... our aim was a bad guy..."
"Bad or good... you have to know your place.. your father is trying so much so that you can get higher education... please behave yourself..."
Her mother feeded her the food. She ate like a baby. After eating she cuddled on her lap.
"Ma please sing that lullaby na..."
"Are you still a kid?"
"I want to be your kid always..."

Her father returned home.
"Bondita... bring the books.."
Bondita brought the books like a good girl. Anything to evade getting beaten up.
Her father taught her. She studied. He knows very well she's trying to use the bylaw.
She cooked. She fed good dishes to her father. Cleaned the house. Studied as he said. Didn't sneek out of the house. Only played ludo with her friends at home. Well her friends also knew the case so they also cooperated with her.
They came the first day. But after that no one came. She got a bit sad.
Three days passed no one came.
Mr. Das saw the sadness in her face. She's lonely.
Next moring one of her friends called her by the window.
"Why didn't you come??"
"Take these mangoes didi... ma has said if I befriend you then I'll not get married.. all the girls of your age are married here... for this reason no one is comming..."
The girl ran away..

A sudden jerk shook up Bondita. The reality started hitting her. She have no place here.

Her father returned that night. She looked at him. She wandered He's the only one who wants her to break the stereotypes and shine in life... and she by her deeds is hurting him...

But this feeling was not to last long. Because she can fuck of yhis fucking reality.

From next day she again started playing with worms. Getting scolded by her father for those infections she got. Then again run behind the squirrel... play with the puppies. Her father Wandered if she ever will behave.

She played with the puppies on her lap. Her father looked at her from the window. He smiled. He wants her to remain as happy as she is. But what will happen when he'll not be there. This thought suddenly shook him. Why he's thinking this?! She'll graduate... She'll have a job... then a good guy to marry. He's not that old..

Perhaps the brain gives prediction of the destiny much unknown to ourselves.

*************
"Bondita" called her father.
"Ji Baba"
"Your didi is ill... you have to go to Tulsipur and take care of her..."
Butterflies started dancing on Bondita's head. It's chance for an adventure.
"And no mischiefs" her father added.
Bondita nodded her head.

She got down the train. Saurav came there to receive her.
"Hold this bag na Jamai dada... it's too heavy"
"Yes of course" Saurav smiled.

Bondita jumped and hugged Sampurna
"Didi..... it's so long..."

"Such a disater" Sampurna's mother in law whispered.

The whole day Bondita went on chattering. She chattered on her bed, in the kitchen, on the terrace. Sampurna's mother in law started having headache.
"Can't you keep quiet" asked Sampurna's in law
"No"
"Why girls should be quiet and composed"
"I'm not that kind of girl"

Saurav lived with his mother and wife in the staff quarters. He's the Assistant to Binoy Roy Choudhury. And Anirudh came home a few days earlier only. Somnath is also home for the vacations.

"Bondita... please go and take the ration.."
"Ok Didi"

Bondita went dancing to the market.
Anirudh along with Saurav paid a visit to the staff quarters to discuss about the complains. All staffs are hell afraid of this grumpy young man. Yes, a bit little than his father... still.
All the residents kept quiet and watched Saurav explaining the problems. Bondita entered the compound dancing. Sampurna saw her and signed her to enter quietly. If Master gets angry then?!
Bondita didn't see her sign. She danced and at a turn collided hard with Anirudh. Sampurna closed her eyes. All others were in a state of shock. Now Master will start..... Oh Lord.

"My kaddu..." Bondita ran behind the rolling kaddu. "Who is this blind....." Bondita looked at Anirudh's face and got shocked. Anirudh also got shocked seeing her here.
"Youuuuuu.... youuuuu kaddu..." Bondita pointed at vegetable at him.
Sampurna was about to faint.
"It's not kaddu.. it's brinjal.." informed Bondita.
"Whatever it is.... why are you following me..."
"What? Wait... why will I follow you.."
"Then why you are here..."
"Why are you here??"
"It's my Democratic right..."
"Then it's my Democratic right too..."
"You got me scolded... I'll not leave you..." Bondita rolled up her sleeves "you kaddu brinjal... you... you... muli... what else.. youuuuu youuuuu I'll.... I'll see you..."
Bondita left angrily and pushed the bag into her Didi's hand. All the on lookers were shocked to see the scene.
Anirudh tuned and looked at her, Bondita turned back and looked at him too. Anirudh smiled and nodded his head. "Stupid girl....."
"Wait... whom did you call stupid.." Bondita protested.
"The stupid ones... " Anirudh smiled and turned to leave.
"Listen you are stupid... you.. Mr. Humpty... Dumpty.. "
Anirudh tuned back "I like that name..."

Bondita became quite. She fussed in anger.

The onlookers were already shocked to see Anirudh smilling. Saurav was astonished.

"You know her Anirudh babu" Saurav asked in the car.
"Yes... but what is she doing here... do you know?"
"She's my sister in law"
"Ohhh I see..." smiled Anirudh. Saurav stared at his this rare smile.

"Why did you behave like that... what he thought!" Scolded Sampurna
"Didi... I behave like that with him.."
"You know him..."
"Yes... he's the CAPTAIN of our college... but what is he doing here?"
"He's the son of our Master..."
Bondita turned back and looked at Sampurna.