Chapter 9: Anirudh's return to India

(Sorry guys for the late update... here the story continues after Anirudh returns to India after long 3 years.. years went by but some things remained constant... the FEELINGS)

Anirudh looked out through the plane window. He could see his motherland far below. After three long years he's back to his home. This feeling just delighted Anirudh to a great extent.

Anirudh got down the plane. Binoy was waiting for him at the airport. He went and touched his father's feet. His eyes searched for some more people.
"So, how did your studies go?"
"Well Baba... "
"Your scores were really good... I'm impressed.. I can definitely say that you'll my appropriate heir"
Anirudh forced a smile on his face.

After reaching home he expected a hug from his brothers but no one came. Anirudh sighed.

For two days Anirudh tried to search out  many ways to reach his brother. Batuk is in the Dalhousie hostel while Som is sent to Bombay for his studies. After digging much he found out the tea estate in Dalhousie isn't in a good condition. Anirudh got a point.

********
In the dinner table
"Baba I found out the Estate which we have in Dalhousie have some problems.."
"I was going to talk about it with you... an efficient manager is needed there and I think you can do the job well..."

Binoy felt proud that Anirudh have now started thinking in the business way. Anirudh smiled thinking how his intensions got a clear pathway.

*********

Anirudh decended the car with his grumpy expressions. He's the son of the owner. All labourers and staff came to welcome him. In the first day only he inspected the estate and laid down some orders. His grumpy attitude made labourers a bit frightened.

The mansion given to him was too big for him alone. He went to his king sized room. The hospitality there shocked him much but he's smart enough to handle it. The attidude of their new boss is much a topic of discussion among labourers and staffs. All remained aware of him and tried their best to impress him because pay was more there and after his advent he scolded the staffs and paid them their deserving wages.

Anirudh's grumpy attidude makes everyone be aware of him. If something or the other happens his stare.....

All labourers staffs and househelps are much obedient to him for this reason.

After some days Anirudh went to the hostel.
"So you are the elder brother of Batuk?"
"Yes Sister..."
"Very mischievous kid your brother is"
"I know sister..." Anirudh smiled
"When anyone comes from home to meet him he finds out nasty way to sent them away"
"Who came?"
"Some staff of yours... I didn't remember the name exactly"
"Oh I see"
"And your brother is insomniac too... he roams around the corridor whole night n count stars... "
Anirudh looked up "Insomniac?? No ... he isn't rather he wasn't "
"I think this ailment he got after been here away from his mother..."
Anirudh looked down in hesitation
"I think he'll be alright after he meets his mother..." Sister continued "No parent of him came after some staff of yours dropped him here... the one who used to take him home for holidays were your staffs only.. he's a kid... it's parents responsibility right?"
"Yes... I know Sister... I was abroad for my studies... soo..."

Warden told Batuk that someone have come to meet him. Mischiefs started gathering in his mind.

Batuk went to sister's room with a mischievous smile. He saw a man sitting on the chair from the back. The man.... its... the voice.... Batuk was startled.

Warden asked for permission. Sister prayed to Lord that this kid does no mischief now. Anirudh got up and looked back. He gave a wholesome smile at Batuk.

Batuk's eyes became teary and he ran to hug Anirudh tight. Warden and Sister looked at each other. Batuk stated sobbing hard. Anirudh knelt down and caressed his head.
"Why are you crying?? I'm here na..."
"Why did you left me like that??" Batuk cried and started beating Anirudh's shoulders. "You know na I can't sleep without you... I can't sleep"
Anirudh looked at him in a suprised way. His ailment is because he left him?! Is this ever possible?!
"No one loves me..." Batuk continued crying "Baba beats me.. I'll not go home..."
"You don't have to go home.." Anirudh caressed his head.. "you will stay with me... here... and study here only..."
"Baba will not be here ?" Batuk asked with a frightened tone
"No..." Anirudh smiled.
Batuk gave a huge counter smile and looked at Sister "Then can I pack my bags??"
Sister looked at him.. "Yes... but... there are some formalities...."
"Yes of course..." Anirudh got up

******
Batuk had many stories to tell as Anirudh drove to the mansion. These chattering is what was missing in Anirudh's life for so long. He sighed. He felt like to built up a little cottage by the river in the valley... where there will b he, his little chattering brother and........ Anirudh sighed again.

Anirudh hold Batuk's hand and went inside the mansion. The staffs seem to know this baby. He gave a sweet smile to them and they tried to gave a counter smile but refrained. They were afraid if Anirudh would react adversely. Anirudh looked at him. He understood that whenever his father visited this estate he used to bring him here. That's why Sister didn't object to take him. And they are the staffs who used to bring him from hostel.

When they didn't give a counter smile Batuk felt a bit sad. Then he realised they are afraid of his dada and smiled looking at him again.

Anirudh took him to his room. They are two adjacent rooms. Anirudh knows very well he needs to share the bed. Anirudh kept Batuk's things in the adjacent room. He have planned to arrange it as a kid's study room.

After keeping the things Anirudh planned to go to shopping with his brother. Batuk was much excited.

The staffs were amazed to see Anirudh taking him to shopping. They wandered it It's just a formality.

They went to the mall and brought a huge lot of things. Had food in the restaurant. Played in the gaming area with sponge balls. Anirudh wanted to become a kid with him again. To regain his lost childhood.

After they returned thunder cracked on the Staffs head. Anirudh have brought all the things to get Batuk's room arranged in a mini truck.

Light coloured bookshelves, his favourite toys, big big teddy, a round bed like sofa for him to play on, books to be read in his free time, a sweet looking study table and what not.

A group just rushed to follow their master's orders. The room is to be set by night and it's already 5 O' clock.

Though Anirudh's love for his brother is too much for them but the staffs looked happy enough. At least he don't beat up this kid for no reason. They never saw Batuk to smile and play with any of his family member like this. Whenever he tried to play with them his father used to scold him.

Anirudh ordered the Cook to make Chicken stew and Roti. The Cook was shocked. It's too much simple for an aristocrat. Just Chicken stew and not bread but Roti?! But Anirudh knew it's Batuk's favourite.

The food was served. Batuk was overjoyed to see his favourite food. Anirudh took him on his lap and made him eat... like he used to do always. Batuk too found his comfort zone after years. The Maids in the Dining area went teary on seeing their bond.

**********
Batuk's room is ready. The Manager is devastated. He wandered how Anirudh planned the whole thing in such a short time? Or did he plan it before hand only?

Anirudh is much impressed by their work. Batuk ran into the room and started jumping on the bed.

The staffs got a half day off as a reward which was much unexpected to them. They sensed that Anirudh is not so grumpy inside as he looks like.

**********

(Precap: Anirudh walks in full speed discussing the matter with his Manager and the labourers in distress follows  requesting him.... a girl walks past... it seemed a mild breeze ran over Anirudh's face. He looked back. A girl in a high neck pink salwar... he couldn't see her face but she had long plaited hair. Something stuck him... but what is it... the girl vanished in the fog... Anirudh's immersiveness breaks by a labourer falling on his feet)