Chapter 11: Unknown Desires of the hearts

Anirudh sat on the easychair after Batuk went asleep. He wandered... it was Bondita... it was Bondita!!! Wait then what information Saurav gave him?! And then Somnath said that Bondita took the letters away from the hostel. Did she take the letter after she died? Matlab obviously she didn't die... but after all assumed her dead. But why all assumed her dead when she's wide alive? She also didn't had a memory loss, if she had then she wouldn't have reacted like that seeing him. By the way.. why was she afraid seeing him? Has she cut all relations with her previous world? But why??
"Dadaaa..." Batuk murmured in his sleep.
Anirudh moved the curtains and went to bed.

*********
Next morning,
"Sudarshan... I need one help"
"Yes Sir,"
"Can you please find out the whereabouts of the girl who submitted us the problems on our staff quarters."
"Well Sir... I tried to enquire a bit about her.. she's a teacher at the school which is run by an welfare organisation. All children from the labourers quarters goes there only as it's free of cost. She lives alone in a small bungalow in the residential beaide staffs quarters"
"Ok... her name...."
Sudarshan was a bit moved by his question. He murmured her name last day only!
"Sir Her name is Bondita, Bondita Das...."
"Family?"
"Not known Sir"
"Unmarried?"
"Yes Sir"
"Ok... you can go on your work"

Anirudh leaned his back on the chair thinking of something. Then took his coat and left.

Anirudh entered the Servants Quarters. All were shocked as any of their boss never came like this. He roamed here and there and found Bondita at a corner treating a old lady. He smiled.
"Bondita..." he called from behind.
Bondita was shocked. She looked back.
"Yee.. yess" she pretended not to know him.
Anirudh sighed. "I want to have a talk with you.... on the note that you sent..."
"Yes.. "

Bondita went with Anirudh and he talked only of Sanitation and housing problems. Not anything about where she was or anything that Bondita expected him to ask. He took full care of confidentiality of their acquaintance as people were around them.

*******
"Batuk baba... do the homework..." Golmes ran behind Batuk.
"No... I'll not do....."
Batuk ran around the bed

Anirudh entered the room hearing the noise.
"What's happening??"
Batuk stopped running.
"Sir, he's not doing his homework" complained Golmes.
"Why Batuk?"

Batuk stood with his head held low.
"Complete your homework and come to me... fast" instructed Anirudh.

Batuk sat on his table like an obedient boy and started doing his homework. He looked at his nanny with a revengeful face.

Anirudh went to his room to change. He wandered how he can confront Bondita. How he can know where she was for so long and why Saurav gave him such a information.

It's been two hours. Batuk didn't come yet. Anirudh went to his room to check. He saw Golmes sleeping at one corner and Batuk chewing his pencil.
"Baattukkk" called Anirudh
Batuk stopped chewing the pencil and pretended to study.
Golmes got up from her sweet slumber.
Anirudh went behind Batuk and took his notebook. He has cut a sum atleast a thousand times and yet got it wrong.
"What's this Batuk??"
Batuk remained silent.
"I'm asking something...."
Batuk still didn't reply.
Anirudh took a chair and sat beside him. He instructed him and Batuk followed but after sometime he went to his dreamland. Anirudh was giving instructions but soon he realised that his student is in a different world. Anirudh tightly twisted Batuk's ear.
"Ahhhhhh.... Da... Dada..."
"Where is your mind??"
"Dada... sorry... Dada...."
Anirudh made him get down his chair. Batuk's face went red, his eyes went teary.
"Stand here and do the sum..."
Batuk followed his orders sobbing.

**************
The next day,

Today Batuk wants to take revenge. For that Nanny he was punished yesterday