Chapter 6: The unsaid development of feelings

The car stopped by the Hostel gate. All girls came to the balcony to witness the sight. Before Bondita opened the door of the car, Anirudh came and opened it for her. Bondita bided goodbye and entered the hostel. All girls were giving a shocking look at her.
"Bondita, where did he take you?" Asked Dalia
"To Coffee"

Others were amazed. All just dreamt of this handsome guy but no one ever dared to talk to him. This new girl not only talked to him but even went to Coffee in his car!

"Don't you think you are becomming too much daring?" Commented Ankita.
"Daring???? What did I do?"
"What did you do?! You just got into his car"
"So what he wasn't a kidnapper... he can be a Humpty Dumpty but the guy isn't a cruel villain"

"R a leave her Bondita" Dalia interfered, "tell what he told you??"
"What will he tell... he just told that I look like a good girl then why I'm this naughty.. I told him you look like a good guy then why do you behave like a Humpty Dumpty..."
"What did he answer??" Asked another girl with enthusiasm
"Well... he told me some things... quite personal... I think I should not reveal it"
"Wait! He told you some of his personal things?! Which you can't reveal?!" Exclaimed Dalia
"R a nothing like that, he just... told me... that his mother died long back.. so he have many responsibilities on his brothers and all..."

"Dev da was telling he was quite depressed" commented Ankita
"Yes he was... that's why he went soft on me when I went to talk to him... you know as because he's a bit grumpy no one talks to him like that... when anyone will do obviously he'll feel good.. it's psychology"
"Really Bondita you are very good by heart"

"But don't think your rivalry ends" interfered Dalia "if you do any thing again he'll now get your father called up"
Bondita looked at her "please don't tell like that Dalia... I will now be friend with him a bit....."
"Of no use dear... " Dalia smiled.
"Ohh godd"
"Isn't it better to stop those mischiefs?" Suggested Ankita

"NOOOO" Dalia and Bondita shouted together

The hostel warden came and stood by the door with red eyes. The girls stopped their discussion and went to their rooms quitely

In the room

"Bondita... do you think Anirudh da.... is developing any.... feelings....." Ankita hesitated
"No no not at all.... normalise opposite gender friendship Ankita... and I'm not of his type.. he's the Prince and who I am?? A naughty girl from the village... he is destined to be the king... but I don't know where my destiny lies.."
"Means?? You are good at studies... you do mischiefs yet you can answer in class in the most perfect way...."
"Ankita..." Bondita replied with a sarcastic smile in a serious note "I can feel it... I have no future... the world I'm in is my father's dream world... but in reality my life will not be smooth... perhaps I'll graduate.. perhaps not... perhaps I'll be married off and will get tortured by the guy everyday... "
"And you will marry that guy even if you don't want to?? Come on Bondita I thought you are revolutionary... and if you get educated you'll get a educated groom too.."
"What do you mean by the term educated groom Ankita?? Are all learned  people educated enough?? Don't rich people murder their brides for dowry?? We are poor Ankita... here revolution doesn't work.. my father can't afford... I know it... I will have to find out alternative ways... he'll not let me take any such decesions... I'll have to find a way as if I achieved it.. only then he'll agree"
"He's your father Bondita... he'll do anything for you"
"That's the thing I'm afraid of"
"But if Anirudh da really loves you..... then?"
"Just leave this thought Ankita... if even I consider this to be true then also he'll not come to me and keep it inert... let's be friends if he wants to but nothing more.. and moreover I don't have anything for him.. and I don't think he have anything for me either... he behaved with me like a gurdian yaar..."
Ankita laughed.

*************

Anirudh caressed Batuk's head. He's asleep. He went near the window. The soft breeze touched him. He closed his eyes. The image of her naughty smile swept across his eyes. He felt the touch on his shoulder. He looked back. But no one was there.

Why is she thinking of her? Is it because of her friendly gesture. But many extended that forward, he refused everytime, then why he accepted this time? Anirudh shook his head. No no... it's only a mere friendship nothing else. Reading all those Novels have made his mind a theatre. He should think practically. She's a naughty junior, tomorrow only her "Mr. Humpty Dumpty " will start. This name should make him angry na? He should complain. Yes he should complain

*****************
Days passes by. They both come across each other at times. Anirudh looks at her. The confidence in her eyes, even when she does a mischief just makes something swipe around inside him. But he gets no chance loose to get her scolded. So the sweet and sour relation continues. But he always took care that she doesn't fall in any odd situation for the complains he make. Ankita noticed it, that how Anirudh passify the mistakes she make and represents it to Principal on a softer note. Bondita too noticed it and thought he's really working so that she starts to be a good girl... but in turn she starts being more mischievous.

******************

Today is the half yearly result day, Bondita has secured the first place in her class. Her way of answering has really impressed the professors. In this short span of time this mischievous girl has won a place in the professors heart, but that doesn't save her from getting scolded. When her mischief cross limits Anirudh stands infrnt of her with red eyes and scold her with his well known cold deep tone but while complaining he transform her mischief as a normal one and present it infront of the professors.

Today Bondita's happiness have reached it's extreme. For her awesome results her teammates want a odd fun party to celebrate. Ankita found this concept odd, she tried to make them understand but in vein. So she left the spot getting disgusted.

Bondita and a guy tied the grass on the ground. The grasses has got long enough. No one comes in this ground. Their target is that mischievous boy who teases girls. Bondita will attract him and he will follow her then his feet will get halted in the tied grass... and then FUNN.

Bondita went to find the bad guy. She saw his friend in the corridor. She thought of a shortcut to tell his friends to inform that bad guy to meet her at the fallow ground. Well the boys were not a fool. They understood it's a trap.

Bondita and her gang was waiting behind the trees. Suddenly they saw some one comming. It must be their target. The figure came close. Wait, the specs... it's that chasmish topper who got second this time. They tried to come out quickly and stop him but in vein. His feet got halted in the tied grass and he fell in the mud puddle. His shot reached the main building.

Anirudh was in the backside of the building for some work. He heard the sound and ran towards the spot. When he reached he saw the boys pulling the chasmish topper up. He slowly approached near the spot. It was quite evident that it was an arranged trap. The grasses were tied in line and the mud puddle was also planned. Anirudh looked angrily at Dalia and Bondita. They stooped down their head.