I

"Aether," Paimon flew by her companion. "Can we go eat at Wanmin Restaurant since we're already in Liyue? Maybe Xiangling is there."

"Sure, let's go," Aether nodded as he changed his destination to the restaurant of Chef Mao.

"Paimon, Aether!" Xiangling quickly waved to the two before running back into the kitchen after serving some food to the waiting customers.

"Guoba," Xiangling's bear friend waved its hand towards Aether before slowly walking into the kitchen to follow after Xiangling.

"Wow," Paimon exclaimed. "There's so many more people here than usual. What's going on?"

"I guess people were in the mood for our food," Xiangling jogged up to you with plates over her hands. "Sorry there isn't any more space. Maybe you can sit at a table with someone else? There's one person sitting there alone."

The young chef pointed towards a table in the corner where you sat, playing around with your napkin as you waited for the food to come.

"Guoba," the bear walked up to you before handing you the plate that it was carrying with a smile.

"Thank you," you smiled as you patted its head and watched it wobble away back into the kitchen.

Being the hungry person she was, Paimon listened to Xiangling's suggestion and flew towards you, "Hello! Do you think my companion and I can sit here with you? There's no more space here."

"Sure," you nodded as you saw the person Paimon said was her companion.

It was none other than your target. The person you were told to protect, - the twin of Lumine - Aether. It was perfect. Just as you had set up.

The reason for the large number of people at Wanmin restaurant was because of you. You had talked people into going to the restaurant after seeing Aether and Paimon make their way to Liyue.

Since they knew the owner of the restaurant, there was a very high chance of them going there for lunch as it was already that time. After setting up the background for them, all you had to do now was make the situation for Aether to sit at the table with you. And, just as you had predicted, since you were the only one with an empty table, they had asked you for a seat since it wasn't a formal sitting.

Just as you had planned.

"Thanks," the blonde haired boy sat at the table. "I'm Aether by the way and that's Paimon."

"I'm y/n," you smiled, handing him a menu.

"Thank you," Aether took the menu from you and looked at the different dishes. "So what are you doing here in Liyue?"

"I'm here to meet someone," you simply answered as you put your chopsticks down to fully concentrate on your talk with Aether. "What about you?"

"We're here to do some commissions."

"Interesting," you placed your elbow on the table and your chin on your hand. "Mind if I come along? I've always been curious to see how commissions worked."

"But you don't seem to have a vision y/n," Aether commented. "I don't mind you coming but since you don't have a vision, it would be hard for you to fight."

"The same could be said for you," you mused. "You don't seem to have a vision yet here you are doing a commission. But, you don't have to worry about me. I'm stronger than I look."

"For some reason Aether can use elemental abilities without a vision," Paimon explained as she waited for Xiangling to come over to get the orders.

"Well that's interesting," you repeated and gave a small smile as you closed your eyes thinking about how it was the same for Lumine.

"It seems that the three of you are getting to know each other well," Xiangling walked up to your table. "So what would you like to order Paimon, Aether?"

"Can we have some Tianshu Meat and Rice Buns?" Aether ordered.

"Can you also add in some Rice Pudding and Almond Tofu," you added as you finished the last piece of meat on your plate.

"Sure," Xiangling smiled as she made her way to the kitchen to fix up your orders.

"So what do you say," you brought back the earlier topic of you going on a commission with the traveler.

"We should let her join," Paimon told Aether. "The more help, the better."

"Ok," Aether nodded.

After the consensus that you would go with Paimon and Aether on their commission, the three of you waited in silence for the food to arrive and soon enough, Xiangling came with the food in arms with Guoba following behind. One by one, she placed the food on the table as Guoba put the Rice Balls in the middle of the table.

Aether and Paimon dug into their food with excitement as they enjoyed the delicious dishes of Xiangling. Quickly enough, the two of them finished their food as you pushed the desserts you had ordered in front of them.

"Have some dessert," you offered. "Think of it as my thanks for letting me accompany you."

"Ooh!" Paimon cheered as she stuffed her mouth full of desert before muttering thank you.

Thanking you as well, Aether also started to eat some of the rice pudding and almond tofu. While the two were eating, you went up to Chef Mao in the front and paid for the lunch that you and Aether and Paimon had.

"Wait," Aether walked after you as soon as he noticed you about to pay for him as well. "You don't need to."

"Don't worry about it," you giggled. "My treat."

In defeat after you received the change for your payment, Aether looked at you with grateful eyes, "Thank you."

"Of course! Now shall we get going," you replied, excitement flowing through your veins as you couldn't wait for the adventure that Aether would bring you on.