X

Running swiftly and quietly through the hallway, you hid in all possible corners to make your presence as small as possible. If it was information that you needed, the best place to go would be the archive.

The archive of the castle was the one place that you were never allowed to go in and because of that, it was your best guess to maybe find out more of what was happening. It was never smart to go into something without having more information. Information was the biggest help in most matters so even if it risked your life, you had to know.

Through the shadows you ran and hid each moment you heard steps nearby. Thankfully, you knew where the archive was so it was easy to find your way.

With quick succession, the large and gold bordered doors of the archive stood in front of you in all its elegance. The mahogany wood accented by golden vines and leaves made your heart race. The forbidden place to enter was now something you were entering in secret.

Noticing the keyhole on the door handle, you held out your hand and summoned a small form of water. Taking energy from your blade, you pushed the water towards the keyhole and solidified it as soon as it reached the end.

One of the things that you had practiced behind everyone's back was utilizing the energy of your claymore without bringing it out. Similar to using abilities with a vision, you would draw out power from the catalyst of the element which for you would be your claymore. It took a lot of training and studying but fortunately it wasn't impossible and you succeeded.

"Yes," you whispered to yourself as soon as you heard the door unlock.

Pushing the door open slightly enough for you to enter, you immediately closed it and locked it by repeating your same process from earlier. Thankfully, the radius from which you could summon water from wasn't too far.

Looking around the archive, you went deeper down where the secrets mostly were. The depths of the archive were the depths of the dark of the Abyss, the things that you wouldn't know about.

Reading through the labels, you jogged hoping to find the answer quick enough before anyone would enter - that is if someone would enter. Hopefully, no one would.

Fortunately, you found some information that had keys on what you were looking for. The leading power of the Abyss. The connection between Lumine and the Abyss Lectors.

Scanning different books, you quickly flipped through them and tried to find information. Boom through book, all the information that was listed was about the history of the Abyss that you already knew.

The connection between Khaenri'ah, the truth of hilichurls, Dain, the unknown goddess, the past of Lumine. All this, you had already learned from Lumine. Unsatisfied with what you were reading, you pushed yourself to look through more books.

"Where where where," you muttered to yourself as you could feel your heart beating faster.

Feeling that you shouldn't stay any longer, you picked out one last book that seemed to be calling to you. Before you even had the chance to flip through the pages, your heart dropped as light filled the room from the doors opening.

"Princess," the familiar voice of the right hand Abyss lector of Lumine resounded through the room. "It is time."

The steps seemed to be growing closer as you tried to find a place to hide.

"Princess, as the King ordered you must sacrifice Aether for the sake of the Abyss."

Covering your mouth before you gasped, you peaked out only to see the Abyss lector guiding a darkened eye Lumine. Her eyes empty like she was dead, turned your blood cold. There was definitely something going on.

Not only was she not talking, she was lifeless like a doll. And to your surprise, she didn't even comment anything when Aether was mentioned. You knew full well how much she cared for him after watching her watch him from a distance.

"The book!" The lector cried out. "My lady the book isn't here! Lock down the castle and put up a hunt. Find the book."

As if everyone had heard, you could hear the loud locking of the doors as the lector created a portal out of the archive. He held Lumine's hand and directed her through the portal to which she followed without a hitch. Closing the portal behind him, the lector screamed out summoning a powerful blast of fire.

The books of history being burnt, you quickly ran as far as you could from the angered enemy as you felt a deep sadness in your heart as the beautiful books were being destroyed one after another.

"I know you're there," the lector crackled. "I know you have the book y/n."

Holding the book that you had stolen tighter, you summoned your claymore and created a water barrier just in time as a current of fire made its way towards you.

"What did you do to Lumine?" You gritted your teeth in frustration.

"That is none of your business. Now return the book and I'll let you live as a betrayer."

"Seriously," you scoffed. "What a cliche villain line."

Once again, a blast of fire came at you and hit the barrier. Steam rising from the meeting of fire and water, you knew that you wouldn't be able to last long - well not right at the moment.

Unlike before, the fire continued to blare at you with full force. Slowly backing away, your power was quickly draining away.

Clicking your tongue, as of now, the best option would be to retreat. Making your shield smaller, you stabbed your claymore to the ground. Calling on your power, a large aura surrounded you. Soon enough, your shield broke and the flames licked your arms with the heat it was radiating.

A blast of smoke filled the room as the attack suddenly stopped.