XIV

For the past while, you had been explaining the two ideas that you had. After a while of arguing what the best solution would be, you finally relented to Aether's stubborness and agreed to teleporting everyone inside the castle.

~~~~~

"The longer we wait the more Lumine would be in danger!" Aether yelled as he clenched his fist in anger. "We don't know much time we have left. If we try and find a path through the barrier, who knows how long we'll take."

"But what if they're expecting us," you tried to reason with him. "How would we be able to protect your sister if we get caught."

"Then we just don't get caught."

"What great logic."

"Look," Aether stood up. "I don't want to waste time leaving my sister to suffer. If there's a shorter way, then lets take it. Anyways, what makes you say that going through the barrier isn't a trap either."

Standing up as well, you scoffed, "At least we would have an escape route. If we enter the castle, then who knows what could happen. If anything, if we use the wind current, we would be able to escape quickly."

"I-"

"I know you want to protect your sister," you looked at him with a pitying gaze. "But think, how would we be able to protect her if we are in danger ourselves."

"If you're scared of the plan then just send me inside alone. I'll find a way."

"Seriously!"

"Yes I'm serious."

"That's the dumbest thing that I've ever heard."

"I should be able to find her," Aether looked at his hand. "I have a connection to her. I should be able to find hints in there that would lead me to there."

"That's not a guarantee," you shouted, growing more and more annoyed with this argument.

"Well its better than wasting time here."

"Would Lumine want this of you?" You turned the argument around in hopes to trying to have the brother find reason.

"Now you're using Lumine in this argument!" He continued to grow more angry with you.

"What do you have to say?" You pushed for an answer. "Tell me. What would she say?"

"Please y/n," Aether started to tear up as he couldn't answer your question as he full well knew what Lumine would have said in the situation. "I need to save her. I've traveled through Teyvat hoping to find her and now that I'm so close to getting her back, I'm stopped by a wind barrier of all things. Please I just want to see her. I don't want to wait anymore."

Thinking back at those days when Lumine had watched Aether from a distance, you started to get a better understanding of just how connected they were and how much they hated being seperated from each other.

"Please y/n," Aether looked at you once again.

Your heart dropping from how pained he looked, your throat started to clog up. Think reasonably. The best option would be to not jump straight into the lion's den but also if you stall, what could happen.

What would be the possibility of there being a trap?

If there was a trap, what would be the possibility of escaping?

When you make it there, how would you find Lumine?

If you find her what would you do?

Sighing, you looked at Aether once again. Your heart ached from how heartbroken he looked. For one matter, you had never experienced being that close to someone but from his eyes, it felt like you were also the one feeling that pain.

"Fine," you relented. "But first, we need to think of a plan."

~~~~~

Holding your claymore up, you looked at Aether and Paimon to see if they were prepared. Before finally preparing for the departure to the castle, you had discussed with them what the plan would be. You also gave them a layout of the castle to memorize in case you would all get seperated.

The three of you talked about the risks that came with the plan and what to do in the worst case scenerio that the three of you would immediately get caught. Even though you weren't doing anything physically exerting, you could feel your heart beating fast with anxiety.

The moment that the three of you would be teleported into the castle, you didn't know what would happen. Even if you tried your best fo strategize and think of all possible scenerios, there were still many things that could happen that you didn't know.

"Thank you y/n," Aether hugged you before you started the teleporting.

Paimon looked at the two of you with motherly eyes as she levitated quietly to give both of you the moment that you deserved.

"Aether," you gulped. "In case anything happens, I want to confess something to you."

Aether looked at you with an innocent doe face that you couldn't help but giggle to.

Thinking back of all the moments that you had spent with Aether, your heart started to skip a beat as you started blushing. In all those memories, Aether had shone brighter than anyone you had ever known. He shone like a star that you wanted to keep close because of how precious it was.

That moment when he had taken you to the cliff. The moment when he had prepared breakfast for you. That moment at the birthday when he looked so blissful and full of joy. You wanted to protect his smile. No matter what happened, it was your goal to protect him.

"Actually," you thought for a while before looking back at him. "I'll tell you after all of this is done. Think of it as our promise that you would come back alive. Whatever happens, make sure to prioritize your safety."

Before your partner could say anything, you kissed his forehead and pushed some of your power into him in hopes of helping him. You could feel your face heating up so you quickly looked away. Immediately right after, you stabbed your claymore into the ground to teleport everyone inside your room. The familiar magic circle appearing below you, the three of you started to turn into particles.

"No matter what, stick to the plan," you reminded everyone before you all disappeared.