III

Using the waypoint in front of you to teleport yourself and your two other companions, you opened your eyes after the quick travel to see the familiar street of Liyue. It was always so exciting and intriguing to travel by waypoint. Not only was it fast and easy, it also made you curious.

How were you able to move from place to place so quickly? What makes it work? How does it work? When did waypoints get created and who created them?

There were so many mysteries to the world of Teyvat and waypoints were one of them. If there was one thing that had always kept you on your feet and away from boredom while you were in the Abyss with nothing to do, it would most definitely have to be researching the secrets of Teyvat.

"To Katheryne we go," Paimon cheered as she flew towards the stairs up to the reception desk.

Following your white-haired acquaintance, you pulled Aether with you to jog towards the stairs and up to keep up with Paimon.

"Slow down y/n," Aether laughed as he let you drag him along.

"We finished the commission Katheryne," Paimon waved at the receptionist excited to receive the mora that you and Aether had earned from the fight.

"Thank you," the receptionist replied as she brought out a bag of mora to hand to Aether who was standing next to you.

The three of you waved goodbye to Katheryne as you left with the bag of mora to count it in Aether's Serenitea pot that he had invited you to. Leaving to go outside the city, the traveler had summoned a fairly big teapot in front of the three of you. Hand outstretched to reach for the cover of the teapot, he lifted it and a wind started to suck you in.

Eyes shut tight from the strong pull of the teapot, you could feel your heart drop from the sudden abruptness and movement. It was like there was a tornado that was trying to pull you inside it but your feet were glued to the ground. However, soon enough, the so-called glue started to lose its strength and you were sucked into that "tornado". It was a terrifying experience for you to say the least.

"Y/n, Y/n," Paimon called your name as she held your arm trying to make you open your eyes. "You can open your eyes now."

Your eyes slowly opening, you were greeted by a bright light and a giant mansion behind a gate right in front of you. Shocked by the change of scenery, you gasped at how incredibly the place looked. Aether smiled at you before walking through the opened gate.

Following him, you looked around and enjoyed the peaceful environment. Bushes were placed on each side of the pathway to the door of the mansion as you gaped at the remarkable and well-crafted fox statues in front of the mansion. Towards each side of the mansion stood various types of trees standing proudly. And underneath was a beautiful-looking pond.

The wind lightly blowing on you, you took in the beauty of Aether's spacial home. It was unique and beautiful and you felt that you could stay in it forever without complaint. It was simply that amazing.

"Did you do all this yourself?" You asked him as he stopped in front of a teapot that looked similar to the one that had brought you within the Serenitea pot itself.

"I did a lot of the work but the credit goes to Tubby who helped me with everything," Aether knocked on the teapot in front of you.

Right after the quick knock, a penguin-like animal appeared from within it and smiled at you.

Smiling back, you couldn't help but admire the creature and think of how cute it had looked with the cover of the teapot resting on its head like a hat.

"Welcome," Tubby said to you in a calming voice.

"Hello," you politely waved to the little penguin. "It's nice to meet you."

"If you are in need of any help please ask me," Tubby informed you before disappearing back into the pot.

"Tubby isn't the type for long conversations. He usually just sticks around when you need something from him and then disappears," Aether explained to you as he opened the door to the mansion. "I'll show you around."

Guiding you through each of the rooms, Aether explained the decorations that he had placed. The simple but elegant living room, the homey kitchen and dining room, the stylish office-like library, and his own personal room and Paimon's as well. After the trip throughout the mansion, he had placed the half mora that he had taken from the reward - leaving the rest to you - and then brought you outside to show you the various areas.

"This is truly incredible," you complimented him after the tour all around the Serenitea pot. "I'm in awe."

"Thanks," Aether's cheeks flushed as he rubbed his nape. "Oh, by the way, I was thinking of this when we fought together for the commission. Would you like to formally join me and Paimon as a new member of our party? If you're busy it's fine but the offer is open. I really enjoyed the commission together and I'm sure things would be a lot more fun if you joined too! Though of course only if you want."

"Yes!" you answered a little too enthusiastically from what you realized which made you shy away in embarrassment. "I mean, I would to join you. I really enjoyed traveling with you and Paimon and I would like to keep on traveling. It's super fun especially with the two of you."

"Yay!" Paimon cheered as she flew around you. "Paimon is looking forward to partnering with you. More adventures for all of us!"

"I'm looking forward to our adventures together too," Aether added, his smile reaching his eyes after you had accepted his offer.

You couldn't wait to see what more would open up in the new path you would be taking with the infamous traveler and his companion.