XV

~15 years later~

Quite some time had passed since Aether had left. Time had passed yet, him leaving you had left you stuck in the past, reliving the moment the two of you had been separated. You missed him but no matter what, you would continue to wait for him for as long as it would take.

For the past years, you had been staying in Liyue thanks to Ningguangs invitation. In exchange for the free place to stay in the city, you had been training the Milileth Guard for her. The days had blended into weeks which blended into months and years. Waiting for Aether’s return, nothing you did had lifted up your spirits.

Taking your claymore out for the training you had to prepare, you walked out of the door. The familiar smell of Xiangling’s cooking filled the air as you made your way to Wanmin Restaurant to eat some breakfast.

“Y/n,” you suddenly heard a voice say your name.

Your heart beating faster, the voice that you had heard became the only thing you could focus on. Your hands covering your mouth in shock, you slowly turned around and you were met with the face of the person who had stolen your heart.

“Aether,” your eyes widened as you could feel your eyes tearing up.

For so long you have been waiting for him and now, he was finally here, right in front of you. It was a dream come true.

“Y/n,” Aether repeated as he pulled you into a hug. “Thank you for waiting for me.”

“Of course,” you smiled as you dug your head into his chest to feel the comfort that you had so dearly missed.

Releasing you from his hug, he took your hand and pulled you along to follow him. The both of you running through the city, he brought you to the cliff where you had first fallen for him. A picnic prepared under the mellow sun, your heart skipped a beat from how beautiful it looked. Glaze lilies and qingxin flowers were patterned around the blanket with your favorite dish in the middle. Covered chocolate strawberries and some sakura mochi for sweets, sakura petals littered the blanket for colorful accents.

Leading you to the blanket to sit down, Aether wholeheartedly smiled when he saw how touched you were. With that, he knew that his efforts were not in vain.

“Thank you Aether,” you leaned forward and gave him a peck on the cheek. “It’s beautiful.”

Quickly backing away from your straightforward approach, you could feel your ears burning up. Giving a glance towards Aether to see his reaction, you giggled as soon as you saw how embarrassed he was with a pink blush dusting his cheeks.

This time taking the initiative, Aether took one of the strawberries and fed it to you to your surprise. The sweet juiciness of the strawberry erupted in your mouth as you savored the delicious flavor.

“I love you y/n,” Aether properly gave you his confession. Walking up to you, he sat behind you and put a necklace around your neck. Hooking the two ends together, he let it down and you were able to look at the necklace which held a beautiful ring. “I wasn’t able to give that to you before but that was supposed to be my promise ring to you.”

Holding the ring, you looked at it carefully and admired the many details. Taking his hand, you pulled him to you and hug him to hide your pink face.

“Thank you, Aether. I love it and I love you more. It was so hard to wait for you for all these years. There were so many times when I was about to doubt you. I questioned if you remembered me and if you would come back to me. But seeing all this, seeing you, it was all worth it. Thank you for everything Aether, my love.”

The two of you sat together and relaxed under the sun of Teyvat. From now on, you would spend every minute you could with Aether to make up for the time that you had waited for him. Your love for him transcended even the stars and you were willing to do anything for your love. Now that all the obstacles were gone, you would both finally be able to be happy together.

Noticing a strand of his hair fall loose from his braid, you scooted back a little to sit behind him. Taking his braid, you untied it and combed your hand through his hair. Mentally praising him for how soft his hair was, you continued to comb his hair to his bliss.

After a while of humming and playing around with Aether’s hair, you finally started to braid it. You continued to perfectly braid his soft hair one part over another and followed the same pattern over again until you reached the tips of his hair. Finally done, you tied his hair and placed his head over your legs so that he could lie down.

“So what did you do after you left Teyvat?” You asked him as you started to play with his bangs this time.

Thinking for a little while, Aether replied, “We traveled around different worlds to find a way to come back to Teyvat and now here I am. But right now that’s not what’s important. It’s you.”

Lifting his head, Aether passionately looked you in the eyes and kissed you. 

-

AUTHOR'S NOTE

And that is the end of Secret Nemesis. Thank you for sticking with me and supporting me as I wrote this. I hope you enjoyed! Please feel free to share your thoughts.

It was a wonderful adventure with out dearly beloved male traveler.

So what other books or fanfics would you like? Comment.

Hope you all have a wonderful day. Thanks so much for everything!