IX

Leaving the city quietly while everyone was busy you rushed towards the forest to find a place to hide before preceding with your plan. The first part was to disappear quietly so that no one knew your connection to the Abyss. After all, if they knew who you were, who knows how everyone would react to you after the attack. 

Resting on a tree after running a good long while to make as much distance as you could from everyone, you tried to catch your breathing. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale, you continued to repeat that pattern mentally. 

With all that happened, you were sure that there was something that was going on in the Abyss without your information. All the more you had a reason to leave in secret. It was simple. Your plan was to stop everything from the inside. If you were able to accomplish such a thing, then the people that you were able to meet and create wonderful memories with would be saved.

“What in the world is even going on,” you cynically laughed to yourself.

Closing your eyes and gulping, you mentally prepared yourself for the return. Things were just happening too fast. Around two weeks ago, you had met Aether and now, with everything that is starting, you had to return even before you could go on a proper quest with him.

“Just my luck,” you muttered to yourself as you lightly hit your head on the trunk of the tree after sliding down to hug your legs. “I thought that I would be able to enjoy life. How unfortunate.”

You continued to pity your situation. At this point, you wouldn’t be surprised if you had an ill-omened life. The time that you were able to experience the fantasy-like happiness that you read in books was the time that the Abyss, your homeland, was now sieging Teyvat.

Slowly breathing, you closed your eyes to kill off your catharsis. Eyes cold and ready for whatever would come up at you, you stood up and summoned your claymore. 

One of the abilities that Lumine had added to the claymore was to allow you to create small portals that would allow you to immediately travel to the Abyss. However, the only downfall of using such an ability was that it would take at least a full day for your claymore to recharge.

Stabbing the claymore to the ground, you envisioned your room, the place that you were most connected to in the whole Abyss. A fair-sized magic circle quickly formed from your claymore as a bright light started to appear from each of the lines. Lighting up the area in the forest that you hid in, you disappeared. 

Just as fast as you disappeared, you reappeared in your room.

The small, comfy size calmed your heart. The walls that were lined with books that you had collected in hopes to get a taste of the world outside made you think of the quick but memorable adventure that you had with Aether. Your bed and desk to the side reminded you of Jean’s office. There was so much in your room that made you remember your adventures that you couldn’t help but feel disheartened.

Closing your heart to the short memories that filled your mind, you left your room ready to address the situation with your princess: Lumine.

“Lady y/n,” an abyss mage crackled as you left your room. “You have returned.”

Nodding, you left towards the throne room, your goal undying and clear in your mind.

Knocking on the giant doors of the throne room, you lowered your head as soon as they opened. Sitting on the throne was none other than Lumine herself. 

“Y/n,” Lumine looked down at you with a look that you couldn’t quite understand. “Why did you not return when I ordered you to? Why did you still protect Aether? Your mission had already been completed. Do I take this as a betrayal?”

“Never Princess!” You lowered your head, fearful of this new aura that Lumine was emitting. This wasn’t like her. There was something definitely wrong.

“Return to your chambers. I will call for you when the time arises.”

Not saying anything, you lowered your head once more and swiftly left the room. The familiar hallway that you always went through was darkened with a new feeling, a feeling that made your skin crawl in fear. 

A fast-paced walk made you reach your room faster. Soon enough you made it to your room and leaned on the door that you locked. Falling to the ground with the back of your head leaning against it, you let out a breath that you hadn’t realized you were holding in until now. Staring at your claymore which you placed near the headboard of your bed, you knew that there was nothing you could do about the situation. It was time to make a decision.

Would you side with the one who had saved your life and given you a home?

Or would you side with the one that let you learn of the happiness of the world that you never knew existed?

Eyes closed to stop yourself from tearing up from the decision, you punched the floor. Why couldn’t there be another option for you to take both of their sides? Why must Lumine attack Teyvat?

The dire situation was something that you never thought would happen. In all honesty, you never even knew what Lumine was planning in the beginning. You never even knew the whole reason why Lumine fought against Teyvat.

Thinking of all that you didn’t know, you made up your mind.

First, you would discover the secrets of the Abyss that you didn’t know.

Sorry for the wait and thank you for your patience. Hope you like this chapter. This is for last Friday and I will be posting another one this Friday!