Chapter Six

We sat there in the restaurant and talked. "Ash?" I asked. "What is it Maddie?" he asked grabbing my hand. "Why did you pick me?" I said. "Well, I chose you because you're not like other girls. You didn't try to hide who you really are from me." He said. I smiled. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and saw that it was 11:30 pm. "Crap Ashton. We should get going. It's already 11:30 and if I'm home any later my foster parents will have my head." I said. "Okay babe." He said. As soon as we got outside my phone rang. I took it out and it was again Luke.

*Luke's P.O.V.*

Where is she? I thought as the phone rang. The ringing ended but went right to voice mail. "Damn it Maddie!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Then my "father" came in. "Watch your mouth young man!" he yelled. "Now get to bed." I was done with this family. 3 years and I am done. "No. I'm staying up to make sure Maddie's alright." I said standing up. "Fine. But I catch you up this late again you'll be grounded." He said as he stormed out of my room. I rolled my eyes.

*Maddie's P.O.V.*

As Ashton drove me home I kept fingering the 'A' necklace Ash gave me. Then I felt a hand on leg. "Thanks for the best night of my life Maddie." Ashton said. I blushed. No, Ash thank you for the best night." I said taking his hand. But then we pulled up to my house. "Well, babe sorry if I get you in trouble for keeping you out this late." He said. "Oh, don't worry babe." I said meeting his eyes. Then I saw him lean in for a kiss. I backed away. "Not yet Ash." I said. "Yeah, you're right. So will I see you tomorrow?" he asked. "Yes you will." I said smiling. He smiled back. "Alright see you tomorrow." Then I got out of the car and stood at the curb waving at Ashton. I was then I realized: I really did love him.

I turned around and bumped into Luke. "Luke!" I said as I gave him a little shove in the chest. "Where were you? And who was that person in the car?" he asked. I walked past him toward the front door. "Maddie tell me!" he yelled. "None of your business Luke!" I yelled back. "I've had enough people on my back for two days straight! Now get off my back Luke!" then I slammed the door behind me. When I got in the house I bolted up the stairs, stomping as hard as I could. Then I heard my stupid mother. "Stop stomping, Maddie." she said sleepily. I gave her a dirty look and bumped her shoulder. Then slammed my bedroom door behind me. I lied down on my bed and texted Ashton.

To: Ash <3

'Hey getting crap from my foster brother Luke. And was wondering if you would like to see a movie tomorrow?"

From: Ash <3

'Again sorry if I got you in trouble. And I would love to see a movie with you. I have one I think you will like.'

I smiled.

To: Ash <3

'What time will you pick me up?'

From: Ash <3

'12:30. Is that a good time for you?'

To: Ash <3

'Sounds great see you tomorrow.'

That was the end of the conversation. I got up and walked over to my closest and took out my pajamas. Got undressed and lied back down on my bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow I fell asleep. This was the night I had a good memory in my head.