Chapter Seven

For once I actually had a good and peaceful sleep. I sat there in my bed looking at the ceiling and thought about Ashton. “He really likes me. He really likes me.” I kept repeating to myself. I then reached over to my phone and saw a text from Ashton.

From: Ash <3

‘Good morning my sunshine!’ 

                I smiled. But that thought of why me was still running through my head. I thought of what to say back but I just sent the typical good girlfriend thing to say.

To: Ash <3

‘Hello to you too my sunshine!’

From: Ash <3

‘I’ll be at your place in about two hours. Okay?’

To: Ash <3

‘Okay babe. See you then.’

                I got up and tried to find something that was good for a movie date. So I picked these black skinny jeans, a black Green Day shirt, and all black low top Converse sneakers. I then went over to my nightstand and took the ‘A’ necklace and put it on. Then I walked over to my mirror and stood there stunned that I was actually going somewhere with a really attractive Australian boy. Then I walked out of my room and downstairs.

                                I got downstairs and everyone was already at the kitchen table eating breakfast. “Thanks for waiting guys.” I said jokingly but yet very annoyed with them. “I thought you could use some extra sleep, Maddie. You know since you were out late last night.” Luke said winking at me. “Yeah, thanks Luke.” I said. “Luke can I talk to you. Alone.” He got up and I brought him upstairs into my room. I walked to one corner of the room and Luke stood by the closed door. “Last night Luke why did you care who I was with!” I yelled. “Well I’m your older “brother” and I wanted to make sure you were okay!” he yelled back. “Well Luke you’re not my brother. You’re just some kid like me that has no parents and hates these parents that also don’t like you!” I yelled. “Who were you with last night Maddie?” he asked. “No one Luke. Alright it was no one.” I said looking down to my feet. “Damn it Maddie! Who were you with!” Luke yelled. “Fine Luke! I was with this boy named, Ashton. Alright there you go! And if you were wondering he is not my boyfriend just a frigging friend!” I lied. That shut him up. “I have one rule for you: Don’t get into my business!” Then I pushed him out of my room. 

                I sat there alone in my room until Ashton texted me. He told me he was on his way and wanted to meet my family. I knew it was a bad idea to have Ashton meet them, they might say I should not be with him or even tell me I’m not good enough for him. Then I heard a loud knock on my door. I got up and saw Luke standing there. “Someone’s here to pick you up.” He said looking really annoyed.  I walked out my room giving him a dirty look. I walked downstairs and saw my foster dad standing at the door. “Damn it. I said under my breath. Then I bolted down the stairs.

*Ashton’s P.O.V.*

                I stood there at Maddie’s front door. Then another man came to the door and he must have been her foster father. “Hello sir. Um, is Maddie ready?” I asked as my hands were shaking. “Who are you?” he asked. “I’m Ashton Irwin. I’m here to see you daughter.” I said even more nervously. Then out of nowhere her foster father grabbed my shirt, then he pulled me away from the door. He brought me over to the grass and threw me down. As soon as I hit the grass he pinned my arms down. Where are you Maddie? I thought. Her father tightened his grip on my wrists. I tried not to show the pain he was putting me through. Then Maddie came out yelling at him. I looked over at her in a Help Me kind of look.

*Maddie’s P.O.V.*

I got to the door and my foster dad was out on the lawn with Ashton pinned on the ground. “Get the hell off of me!” Ashton screamed. Then I saw my foster dad hit Ash in the face and yelled “You will not bring my foster daughter anywhere!”  I ran out yelling “Dad get off him!” He didn’t listen. I pulled my father’s shirt collar, as his head came up I slapped him. “Get off him!” I yelled even louder. He then slapped me back but on one of my old bruises. I fell to the ground with my hand over where he slapped me. “Ashton.” I cried. He came over and helped me up. Ashton then grabbed my hand and walked to the car, and as he walked he gave my father the finger.