Chapter Fourteen

*Luke's P.O.V.*

I searched for the house phone. Nothing I couldn't find one. Then it hit me, I have Ashton's number. My hand flew to my pocket. I dialed his number. The phone rang about five times before he finally picked up. "Hello." He said weakly. "Ashton!" I yelled. "Who is this?" he asked. "It's Luke." I could hear he breath in. "You son of a..." he started. "I get it you hate me. But we have a bigger problem. Maddie she..." I held back a sob. "She...killed herself." I heard him crying. "Where are you now?" He breathed in. "The hospital." I nodded. "I'm coming there to see you as a friend not to discuss anything about Maddie. I'll be there in about ten minutes." Before I hung up I heard, "Luke, wait!" I brought the phone back to my ear. "Yeah?" I heard him sigh. "Call someone to take Maddie to someplace better than that house. Alright?" I nodded. "Okay." Then I hung up and called 911.

When they arrived they took Maddie away on some kind of stretcher and had a sheet over her face. "Wait," I said to the paramedics. They stooped. I stepped toward Maddie's body. "I know you can't hear me but Maddie...I loved you. But you were happy with Ashton. And now I know that." That was when they finally took Maddie to where she was supposed to go.

As soon as they left I ran to the hospital to Ashton. I ran in to the front desk. "Ashton Irwin." I said. "What young man?" the lady said. "Ashton Irwin! What room is Ashton Irwin in?" I yelled. "Room 351. 3rd floor." I nodded and ran for the elevator.

When I got to Ashton's room he was there his face all scared and bruised. There were stiches on his right cheek where I had punched him. "Ashton?" I said stepping into the room. He nodded. "Hi." He sobbed. "I want Maddie here. I want to be with Maddie." I shook my head. "You mean dead?" I asked. He nodded. "I don't want to be here anymore, Luke. Not without Maddie." He shook his head. "Just leave. I want to be alone." That was when I left.

*Ashton's P.O.V.*

Maddie was all I had left that I ever cared about. She cared about me and I cared about her. We cared about each other. I loved her. She loved me. We loved each other. I wanted her back. And I know she wants me back too. She was the one who saved me and I was the one who saved her. She was my everything. Everything.