Chapter Nine

We stayed out until it got dark. Then around 10:30 we decided to go back to his place. "Ashton." I said. "Yeah?" he asked. "Best. Night. Ever." I said. He smiled. "Should we go and get your stuff at your place?" I nodded. We decided to take the long way back to my place so we didn't have to see my "parents so soon". It took us about 20 minutes to get there. Ashton then parked the car and said "I'll wait here for you and text me if they give you any crap. Okay?" I nodded. As I closed the car door I took a deep breath and walked to the front door.

*Luke's P.O.V.*

Should I tell Maddie how I feel about her? I thought to myself pacing back and forth in my room. "No." I said out loud. "She hates me now. I can't tell her." I walked over to my bed and lied on my back. Then I heard the door open. "Maddie?" I said sitting up. "No, Luke. It's me." Said my younger "sister" Maggie. "Are you okay in here? You've been in here since Maddie left." I sighed. "Can you keep this a secret from her? Well till I have the guts to say it to her." Maggie nodded. "I think I'm in love with Maddie."

*Maddie's P.O.V.*

As I walked up to the front door I kept saying to myself, just go right to your room and get some clothes. I opened the door and saw Maggie, come down the stairs then she saw me and ran back upstairs. I tried to close the door quietly but that didn't work, they heard me. "Maddie! Get in here!" yelled my mom. I ignored her and walked up the stairs. Then I felt a hand on shoulder. I sighed. It was my father. I turned "You son of a..." I started to say, but I was cut off when he slapped my face. "You should never disrespect me or your mother!" he yelled. I stood there trying to not to show him it hurt. "You're not my real family. And I want everyone in this house to know that you all suck!" I yelled back. "Watch your mouth!" he yelled. "No! You're a drunk! My real dad was the same way! And I've heard the way you talk to Luke you treat him the same way you treat me! So screw all of you!" I yelled as I ran up the stairs.

I walked into my room and grabbed some of my clothes to last me maybe a week. As I walked out of my room Luke came out of his room, "Leave me alone Luke." I said. He seemed to know I was in a bad mood and he backed into his room. I got to the front door looked out the little window and yelled "I'm leaving!" Then right as I said that my idiot parents came over and both yelled at the same time "No you are not young lady!" I smiled. "Watch me." Then I walked out of the house slamming the door behind me. As I stood in the walkway I yelled "Screw you!" As soon as I got into Ashton's car I burst out into tears.

*Ashton's P.O.V.*

"What happened?" I asked. Maddie just said "Drive." I obeyed. I drove and thought about how much her life must suck. I looked over at her, she had fallen asleep. Wow, she was really hot. "Don't screw this relationship up Ash. She's had to many people leave her." I said to myself.

When we got to my place I knew I shouldn't wake her up. So I deiced to just carry her in, first I grabbed her bag then I grabbed her. I got up to the door and tried to unlock it without Maddie waking up. Then I brought her in and put her on my bed. Even asleep she looked beautiful. It had taken me a few minutes before I finally got into bed.

I sat there awake putting my fingers through her light brown hair. "Maddie, I want you to know you are the girlfriend I have been waiting for." I whispered to her. "I want you to know you are the best person that has ever come into my life. And you showed me that you don't have to have a flawless face to be beautiful, you also showed me that not everyone is perfect." Then I kissed her on her forehead and put my hand on her hand. "I really do love you, Maddie. No one will ever change that." Then I finally closed my eyes.